Senior Reporting Specialist - Trading Partner Finance
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology, and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged, and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued, and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
Currently, we are looking for experienced candidates for the position of Senior Reporting Specialist - TPF. If you are interested in the role – apply and join our GSK Finance Hub – Europe!
The TPF Close & Control (C&C) team is responsible for delivering the financial reporting, compliance and control services for the 4 trading partners. Covering a wide scope of supply chain activity, mainly focussed on intercompany transactions with some direct 3rd party sales, these entities have a combined turnover of ca. £17bn pa and inventory of &>£1bn. We engage with a wide range of finance and non-finance stakeholders across multiple geographies and functions to achieve our objectives right first time and to a high quality.
Each team member will take accountability for getting the fundamentals right to deliver accurate group and statutory financial reporting, supporting our stakeholders in good decision making by using end to end process knowledge and being committed in everything we do to make things easier.
Your responsibilities will include – but non-exhaustively:
- Your post-transition responsibilities will include – but non-exhaustively
- Provide set of financial activities related to P&L and Balance Sheet during the monthly cycle to ensure accurate and timely postings of financial transactions, in order to deliver a timely period end close. Activities include (but are not limited to) research & analysis of entries, preparation & review of journals, etc
- You will own your entity’s trial balance
- Cooperating with our BPO partner to ensure that all activities are carried out in a solid and efficient manner especially performing General Ledger, Period End Close and Balance Sheet Reconciliation activities
- Support period end financial closing activities to ensure accurate and timely delivery of the IFRS reports and control the Balance Sheet for your scope
- Supervising of everyday BPO partner deliverables as well as designing, embedding and monitoring KPIs and SLAs
- Engage in preparing complex analysis and summaries as required
- Closing open issues and ensuring right steps to prevent re-occurrence
- Reviewing the documentation for all month-end control process, ensuring full compliance with SOX requirements, driving control remediation when necessary
- Supporting preparation of statutory accounts and audit deliverables as required
- Managing complex situations proactively and drive continuous service improvements
- Engage with key finance and non-finance stakeholders as required and manage these relationships
- Working closely with teams across the TPF organisation and wider Finance function
- Manage and support one or more accountants /analysts
- Accounting degree/qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Minimum 4 years of experience in similar roles, including previous experience in accounting area
- Experience in financial reporting
- Experience in Control/SOX environment
- Experience in financial department in an international environment
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Fluent English
- Calm under pressure and able to manage competing demands
- Credible and comfortable working with senior management
- Able to see the big picture and think beyond immediate area of responsibility
- Ability to work independently and within the team
- Client-centric attitude
- Outside of the box thinking and problem-solving skills
- SAP experience will be a strong asset
- Experience in Control/SOX environment
- Previous experience in Statutory Accounting
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing in our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Contributing to creation of development strategy for the set financial department
- Partial or full reimbursement of CIMA and ACCA qualifications costs.
- ACCA Approved Employer at Platinum Level
- CIMA Premier Partner Reward
- Leading key projects regarding to set financial area
- Competitive salary, annual bonus plan
- Healthcare benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund, preventive healthcare services)
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency