Finance Analyst - Business Partnering
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
In Financial Services, we support the Group’s strategy of building tomorrow’s bank today for our customers, through a focus on three key priorities of trust, resilience and capital generation. Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to specialist advice, support and services in finance, audit, treasury, property, procurement, climate strategy and investor relations.
Technology Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and management services to the Technology division. We work closely with our stakeholders to help them understand their technology costs and deliver current and future strategic and financial plans.
Your team forms part of the wider Tech Finance Team of approximately 90 people and provides business partnering and financial management services to Technology and Business Unit CIOs.
Your team’s primary role is to:
- Provide insights, analysis and advice in relation to past and future financial performance
- Provide robust financial control and effective management reporting
- Provide decision support and reporting for Technology’s strategic initiatives and investment programs
- Develop and deliver meaningful insights to drive better business outcomes, including cost optimisation and simplification
- Provide guidance and advice to the business leaders on the financial performance of the business, the financial plans and forecasts and the financial impacts of change initiatives
Do work that matters
This role is responsible for assisting the Managers and Senior Manager in provide financial and support to Business Bank Technology (BB Tech) and Business Bank Finance team. BB Tech partners with the Business Bank to support, build and enhance technology solutions for their products, channels and applications including Business Lending, Everyday Business Banking, Commercial, Regional and Agribusiness, Digital and CommSec.
The Business Partnering analyst will work with the Business Partnering Manager and Business Partnering Senior Manager, to deliver the following across the Technology business:
Act as a key point of contact for Technology in relation to financial performance:
- Maintain robust financial control through:
- Assisting our India COE Team in the processing of month end journals, balance sheet analysis, substantiation and reconciliation
- Conducting P&L and financial results analysis
- Process improvement, standardisation and simplification
- Preparation, presentation and monitoring of annual budgets and rolling forecasts following extensive engagement with key stakeholders
- Drive insightful reporting and analysis, including presentation of month end resultsProduction of discussion documents on key business issues for respective leadership teams
- Engage collaboratively across Finance and Business stakeholders to help drive business outcomes, enhance cost transparency and become a trusted advisor
- Provide financial support for both BAU and investment related activities
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- Tertiary Qualifications – hold a tertiary qualification in accounting, finance, or an equivalent business-related discipline;
- Accounting qualification or part qualified – CPA or CA;
- Strong accounting and financial skills;
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills;
- Broad stakeholder engagement skills;
- Knowledge of the financial services and / or technology industry, including technology developments that are impacting Financial Services;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Public Practice or in Commercial finance experience, ideally within a large corporate in Financial Services and/or Technology; and
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 02/01/2024
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.