Commercial Finance Manager
Liaising with the Finance Director and offering comprehensive assistance to the Feedstock and Sustainability Director, this position is responsible for accurately recording and analysing data related to feedstock, digestate, logistics, and sustainability.
My client runs multiple anaerobic digestion (AD) facilities in the South West, providing sustainable energy to nearby residences and enterprises. Actively engaged in industry advancement, it supports various research initiatives and promotes innovative practices.
* Providing necessary data to assess feedstock supplies, digestate offtake contracts, and sustainability compliance for existing and potential new facilities.
* Collaborating with the Feedstocks and Sustainability Director to negotiate, develop, and implement all feedstock and digestate contracts for each AD plant.
* Coordinating with Plant Managers to accurately record feedstock and digestate supply and costs, ensuring the procurement of the right volume and quality for optimal plant performance, considering planning permissions, storage levels, and logistics.
* Collaborating with the Operations Director and Plant Managers to establish an 18-month plan for facility diets, considering order levels, crop production, and storage.
* Planning and budgeting for crop and feedstock supply to plants, including sustainability considerations and cost analysis.
* Ensuring adequate provision for digestate storage to meet winter storage periods and optimise use on crops.
* Supervising the implementation and management of data capture systems and processes, ensuring accuracy through the Blackcat feedstock system.
* Assisting the management team in analyzing feedstock and sustainability data for potential new sites.
* Reviewing and acting upon key performance indicators for feedstock and operations, reporting to the Directors to maintain plant uptime and efficiency levels based on a consistent feedstock supply.
* Contribute feedstock and sustainability input to budgeting and forecasting processes.
* Collaborate with the Accounts Team to communicate any commercial matters impacting the companies' accounts or cashflow.
* Cultivate and enhance relationships with internal and external operations and farming staff for proactive information exchange.
* Deliver monthly feedstock and digestate reports to ensure accurate and timely information on feedstock, costs, prices, and balance sheet movements. This includes conducting feedstock stock takes, investigating variances, addressing write-offs, adjusting end clamps, and managing stock loss levels.
* Aid the finance department in transactional tasks such as invoicing, reconciliation, and payment plans.
* Collect and analyse all site energy import and export meter readings.
* Interact with farmers to gather agronomic data needed for greenhouse gas (GHG) calculations and process accordingly.
* Support the Sustainability Officer and Sustainability Director in producing GHG emissions reports required for ISCC and Ofgem reporting.
* Prepare ISCC mass balance and POS reports for distribution, manage RGGO transfers, and oversee invoice processing.
* Coordinate REGO reporting and invoicing processes.
* Provide necessary assistance and analysis to ensure the site achieves sustainability goals.
* Qualified accountant (ACCA / CIMA).
* Desirable to have relevant exposure to agricultural and/or logistics industry.
* Robust commercial and industry awareness, adept at understanding operations in the agricultural and renewable energy sectors.
* Familiarity with commercial contracts and a thorough understanding of organizational resource management * Proficient in numeracy and financial literacy.
* Demonstrates professionalism and commitment.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* IT proficiency with meticulous attention to detail.
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, capable of collaborating with colleagues at all levels, including non-finance team members and other stakeholders.
* Exceptional organisational skills, able to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Proficient in data management and advanced knowledge of Excel and other MS Office packages.
* Proven ability to work within specified timelines.
* Capable of informing and influencing through reports and communications at the highest level.
* Resilient and driven, with the ability to work independently.
* Flexible approach to the role.
- Matched pension contribution.
- 25 days annual leave, plus public holidays.
- Buyback scheme for holidays.
- Private healthcare.
- Green Energy Car Scheme.
- Free EV Charging on-site.