Indirect Tax Manager
Focused on managing UK, EU, US and APAC indirect tax matters, working closely with the businesses key stakeholders and external advisors.
As a group facing role there will be exposure to a wide range of international indirect taxes (VAT/GST/Customs/Duties) as the business expands and widens its global footprint, with a key feature being the integration of new acquisitions and trade flows into the existing business.
Headquartered in Wiltshire, our client are a leading company, who have a global footprint of operations. Our client are an icon South West based business, leading the way in company culture & development and service.
The key responsibilities for this Inhouse Indirect Tax Manager based in Chippenham are:
- Management of reparation and submission of VAT/GST/Sales Tax and WHT returns for all companies/regions
- Management of preparation and submission of ECSL, Intrastat dispatches and arrivals reports, and MOSS and VIES declarations
- Raising and dealing with all queries relating to VAT payments
- Corresponding with HMRC and other international tax authorities
- Advise and provide operational guidance on indirect tax implications for new/amended business activity, product developments/services/operations, liaising closely with various teams across the business, ensuring indirect tax risk is managed appropriately.
- Review commercial contracts to ascertain opportunities and ensure compliance, considering tax clauses and risks.
- Act as a key member of the Group Finance team, assisting with projects and providing indirect tax input into projects as required
- Monitor new legislation, case law and tax policy developments, documenting clear positions and delivering clear analysis and recommendations
- Review and test Indirect Tax reporting processes and systems and recommend best practice, overseeing any improvements and controls implementation
- Train the business and implement policies and procedures to support compliance with legal obligations and mitigation of indirect tax risks
For this Inhouse Indirect Tax Managers position in Chippenham Our clients are searching for candidates who have/are:
- Good experience of VAT compliance in a multi-jurisdictional environment, ideally gained from within a multinational in- house tax team involved in complex supply chain issues. Practice only background will also be highly applicable
- Experience using financial reporting systems, with proficiency in Microsoft Excel to extract, analyse and reconcile data
- ACA/CTA/ATT qualified or other relevant qualification. Qualification by experience will also be considered.
- Proven knowledge of current and up-coming VAT legislation
- Competitive salary up to £65,000
- hybrid working contract - minimum of two days/week in our state-of-the-art office. Free parking and showers available
- Full time 37.5 hrs (with flexitime)
- Discretionary annual share options
- Discretionary bonus scheme (up to 15% of basic salary )
- 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme (employer's contribution is double employee's, up to 10% maximum employer's contribution)
- Flexible benefits
- Private Health Cover: Non-contributory to include self and children
- Death in service cover at 4 x annual basic salary