A highly successful, well established and regarded Accountancy practice based in Leeds has a requirement for an Accountant. They are looking to recruit someone who has a background working in the profession and can offer development, client contact and increasing responsibility. The role has arisen through positive growth and developments within the firm.
This firm is a reputable and award winning Accountancy practice in Leeds. They build strong relationships with their clients and offer a high quality, tailored and proactive service. They are continually growing and offer commercial support to all of their clients.
The successful Accountant will be responsible for:
- Manage a client portfolio including limited companies, sole traders, partnerships and individuals.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of client's service delivery including preparation of year-end accounts, management accounts, bookkeeping, VAT etc and value-added services assignments.
- Act as the main point of contact within the firm for clients, keeping them informed of progress in relation to all aspects of service delivery and maintaining regular contact with them.
- Review work completed by junior team members and resolving all issues prior to Partner review.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients.
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and set deadlines.
- Reporting directly to a Partner.
- Working and liaising with other members in the Business Services team and colleagues in other departments as necessary to provide high-quality client service.
- Develop, retain and motivate junior members of staff and assist in the management of the overall Business Services team on a day-to-day basis.
- Knowledgeable of the firm's services and able to cross-sell those services into the client base.
Experience in a practice environment as an Accountant
The ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
Commercial thinking and being able to add value to clients
Competent in preparing accounts in a practice environment
Experience with accounting software
An interest in the Accountancy industry
Friendly and social office environment