A&T Associate Director
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading global provider of high-value business services to clients operating and investing globally. We focus on providing specialized and business-critical financial and administrative services that enable our clients to operate their corporate structures, finance vehicles and investment funds in different geographical locations.
About the Role
The Accounting and Tax Associate Director manages all matters of the Accounting & Tax Department and ensures excellent quality of services are performed and delivered to the Clients, ensures revenue growth to meet financial targets, and maintains strong Client relationships.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management that mirrors the mission and core values of TMF Group.
- Set goals, objectives and strategies for the department and its growth;
- Work with management team to ensure efficient and effective cooperation across different divisions
- Supervise and coach Managers & staff
- Analyze client demands, translate into solutions, and maintain relationships with clients (i.e. decision makers)
- Ensure services & timely delivery of tasks as per agreement with clients;
- Develop new business opportunities in line with company objectives. Attend conference and seminars for networking and development purposes
- Analyze new market opportunities as well as opportunities for cross-selling of TMF services
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel, designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Build and implement project plans with Service Lines team to review pricing and fee schedules to ensure TMF Group remains appropriately and competitively priced in line with Group guidelines and parameters.
- Provide on-going support to the Service Lines in developing and implementing plans that support department driven change and improvements for overall business improvement initiatives.
- Continually identify and act, in collaboration with the Service Lines on new ways to improve efficiency of client administration work in order to increase profitability of TMF business and ensure Clients Service Level Agreements are being met and maintained.
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Foster a performance-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Work with HR on recruitment activities, performance review and employee relations matters.
- Develop a productive relationship with HR to support the success of on-going country initiatives, reduce staff turnover, and provide opportunities for employee development.
- Act as Treasurer and/or Directors/Officers for the local office and/or clients that may assume certain level of responsibilities and risks;
- Update and maintain records/information in ViewPoint.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree holder in Accountancy with CPA license
- Practical understanding of business operational development
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing overall Operations
- Outstanding inter-personal skills and demonstrated ability to network at all levels of business to foster a dynamic leadership team
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to corporate mission
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- At least 15 years of relevant experience, preferably in Professional Services or Accounting Firm, out of which 5-8 years in a management capacity
- Relevant experience in general accounting function in professional firms or multinationals
- Sound knowledge in local tax (CIT, VAT, EWT, FWT, FBT) and accounting policy (PFRS); knowledge in International Accounting (IFRS) will be an advantage
- Experience in preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules
- Knowledge in Xero, Quick Books or any ERP System is an advantage
- Sound knowledge of Philippine Accounting & Taxation
- Good knowledge of local system (e.g. Viewpoint)
- Advanced Excel skill set and other Microsoft Office applications
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Filipino.
- Stakeholder management:
- External: Clients, Feeders, Service Providers or Partners
- Internal: Head of Service Lines, Finance, HR, Legal & Compliance
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy;
- Independent and able to work under pressure.
What's in it for you?
Pathways for career development
- Work with colleagues and clients around the world on interesting and challenging work.
- We provide internal career opportunities, so you can take your career further within TMF.
- Continuous development is supported through global learning opportunities from the TMF Business Academy.
Making an impact
- You’ll be helping us to make the world a simpler place to do business for our clients.
- Through our corporate social responsibility program, you’ll also be making a difference in the communities where we work.
A supportive environment
- Strong feedback culture to help build an engaging workplace.
- Our inclusive work environment allows you to work from our offices around the world, as well as from home, helping you find the right work-life balance to perform at your best.
Applications close: 29 Dec 2023 Singapore Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.