Manager - RISQ
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
A career within Risk and Compliance services, will provide you the opportunity to work with a team that provides clients with extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector specific experience. You’ll have the opportunity to develop a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency by assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls.
Our Risk and Compliance Generalist - Practice Support team helps PwC assess, design and develop solutions to manage diverse risks. You’ll help PwC develop a consistent, coordinated, and sustainable strategy.
The MYVN RISQ (Risk, Independence, Solution and Quality) team in Malaysia collaborates closely with the RISQ team in Vietnam - we forge close ties with frequent communication, sharing and collaboration of RISQ related matters. Our main functions are to effectively manage and mitigate regulatory, independence and reputational risk so as to protect the firm's brand and value.
This is achieved through development, dissemination and monitoring of policies, procedures and programs. In addition, we partner and interact with the practice to promote and embed a strong quality culture within the professional services which the firm offers, taking into account the regulated and business environment which we operate in. The goal of RISQ is to anticipate strategic risks and drive quality and independence compliance across MYVN.
- Manage independence related compliance testing activities, projects.
- Addressing queries from engagement teams on independence matters.
- Monitor data metrics for periodic reports.
- Review of periodic reports for exception reporting.
- Support in reporting to Leadership.
- Coordinate and support in preparation for periodic Independence and RISQ training.
- Understand relevant policies and procedures.
- Provide support on other Independence related matters and monitoring activities.
- Contribute ideas and identify areas for improvements on a continuous basis.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Bachelor Degree in Auditing or Finance or other relevant degree.
- At least five years relevant working experience in multinational companies.
- Skilled in writing, logical thinking, problem solving, analytical.
- Able to lead teams and be a coach and mentor to junior team team members.
- Team player.
- Proactive to learn and to continuously develop technical knowledge.
- Digitally inclined (Google Suite tools, presentations, etc).
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?Yes
Government Clearance Required?Yes
Job Posting End DateMarch 31, 2024
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.