Senior Manager - Group Support Services Finance
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Group Operations Finance is part of the Financial Services Division and provides financial support to the Board, other business units (BU’s) and the Group’s shareholders. The team’s areas of focus include performance management, advice and governance, reporting to the Board, coordinating the Group’s financial plan and forecasts and advising on business cases for internal projects and acquisitions and divestments.
The Group Support Services Finance (GSSF) team is part of Group Operations Finance, partnering with senior leadership of the bank’s Financial Services, Marketing, Strategy, Risk, Human Resources and Legal functions. The GSSF team manages the end-to-end finance functions for these businesses, and collaborates regularly with other Business Unit and Group finance teams throughout the organisation. The team manages an annual P&L spend of ~$2.5b with direct engagement/exposure to ~50% of the Banks senior leadership team.
The purpose of the role is to partner with a key Group Support Unit providing finance support to both business customers and to internal finance teams. This team is the prime finance contact for the assigned support unit (HR, Finance, Marketing and Legal). As a Senior Manager, it is incumbent on the successful candidate to own and drive the business partnership agenda, maximizing value for the customers by utilizing direct reports and automated reporting to provide the relevant customer with the finance support they need to drive their business forward.
Do work that matters
This role reports directly to the Executive Manager Finance for HR, Marketing & Corporate Affairs and Legal & Group Secretariat.
The role includes, but is not limited, to the following:
- Business partnering and taking on the role of trusted advisor to senior leaders across the HR portfolio;
- Thought leadership and restructuring financials to facilitate delivery of outcomes in an Agile structure;
- Building and maintaining productive relationships with all key stakeholders;
- Delivering on all financial management and control aspects including forecasting, financial reporting & control, capital management, governance and reporting to Group Executive and the HR Leadership Team;
- Managing deliverables (including Group reporting) and ensuring the team delivers quality information on time;
- Help drive team goals and priorities, including a strong and vibrant team culture;
- Conduct analysis and provide insights on business performance, best use of funds, structuring and allocation of budgets, and business drivers/trends;
- Ongoing identification and monitoring of risks and opportunities; and
- Ad-hoc analysis and projects as required.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Accounting qualification – CPA, CFA or CA;
- Strong background in finance business partnering with EGM+ level stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to lead through ambiguity and change;
- Fluency and/or experience in Agile ways of working will be viewed favourably;
- Strong leadership & team management experience;
- Thought leadership and ability to lead through ambiguity;
- Strong presentation and communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Ability to approach complex business problems with a commercial mindset and align financials to drive outcomes;
- Adept at analyzing financial results and distilling into actionable insights for senior leaders;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously; and
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 14/12/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.