EY Türkiye - Strategy and Transactions - Long Term Intern
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Consulting and SaT (Strategy and Transactions) services.
The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our 300.000 people, in more than 150 countries, are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do. Our offices around the world use the same methodology and are linked through an integrated technology platform to enable instantaneous communication and collaboration among team members, regardless of location. As a member of EY Global, in Turkey we operate in 6 offices located in Istanbul, Istanbul (Maltepe), Ankara, Adana, Bursa and Izmir, with more than 2000 people for 30 years.
About The Team
- Financial Due Diligence – Transaction Diligence
As a Transaction Diligence professional, you’ll mainly work in Financial Due Diligence assignments in context of buy- and sell-side M&A transactions, servicing both corporate and private equity clients throughout the whole transaction process in a fast-paced environment. A great opportunity for you, as the range of clients and the multidisciplinary projects you will work on, offer continuous challenges and development.
You will analyze and present financial information (e.g. Income, Balance Sheet and Cash flow statements) and operational key performance drivers, key valuation considerations such as underlying EBITDA, working capital requirements and net financial debt to bridge Enterprise and Equity Value. You will use technology and data analytics tools such as Alteryx and PowerBI to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Valuation Modeling and Economics
As a Valuation, Modelling & Economics professional, you’ll assist clients in valuation of their companies, businesses or assets and solve complex problems that businesses face on a daily basis. Whilst valuation is a key element of the service, the purpose of work provided might include merger & acquisition related valuations, tax purpose valuations, valuation for CMB reporting and financial reporting purposes including fair value accounting and purchase price allocation services. You will have different responsibilities, ranging from industry and company research to providing financial statement analysis, calculating weighted average cost of capital to be used building valuation models.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
In this role as an intern with the Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Team at EY Turkey, you'll play a key part in providing advisory services for a variety of buy-side and sell-side transactions. You'll be involved in structuring and executing domestic and international acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, and joint ventures.
This internship provides an opportunity to work closely with clients and our team, helping to develop comprehensive M&A strategies, conduct valuation analyses, and engage in deal negotiations to contribute to successful transaction outcomes. It's an excellent opportunity for those who are passionate about M&A and keen on supporting our clients' growth and success.
- Capital Debt Advisory
The Capital and Debt Advisory Team specializes in providing comprehensive advisory services in Project Financing, Financial Restructuring & Refinancing, ESG Financing, ECA Financing, and Financial Feasibility studies. In this role, you will work closely with corporate clients from different sectors and financial institutions, providing expert advice and assistance in capital structure optimization, debt financing, and overall debt management. Additionally, you will be responsible for conducting financial feasibility studies to assess the viability of various projects. Furthermore, you will utilize your expertise in financial modeling to support these initiatives and provide valuable insights to our clients. In addition to these responsibilities, you will actively contribute to proposal and Information Memorandum (IM) preparations. Moreover, you will play a role in managing client relations, building and maintaining strong partnerships with our clients, and ensuring their satisfaction with our services.
As an Intern, you will work on various projects where different industries in which EY is acknowledged as a market leader: Financial Services, Energy & Utilities, Oil & Gas, Government & Public Sector, Telecommunications, Media & Entertainment, Diversified Industrial Products, Automotive, Health, Retail and Consumer Products, Technology, Real Estate and etc.
- 4th year student in Finance, Economics, Industrial Engineering etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Advanced command of written and spoken English,
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure,
- Demonstrated passion in related work with strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills to analyze financial and non-financial information to formulate views and conclusions. This passion could be demonstrated via university projects, internships, conferences, self-study, etc.
- Self-motivated with good communication skills,
- Problem solver and willing to work hard in a dynamic environment doing a variety of tasks,
- Team player with the ability to work with deadlines,
- Hybrid working model. (at least 3 days at the office.)
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs,
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally,
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development,
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.