BASF has been operating in Malaysia for more than 30 years, through a number of wholly-owned companies and joint ventures in the country.BASF (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd was incorporated in 1989, and operates main office in Bandar Utama and a manufacturing plant in Pasir Gudang in Johor, as well as an operational site in Kulim, Kedah.BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre Sdn Bhd began its operation in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the Shared Services Center provides functional services in the areas of finance, controlling, information services, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environment, health & safety, procurement and import-export order management and information services to BASF Group companies in 20 markets across Asia Pacific.BASF Services (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, established in 1997, provides infrastructure and utilities support services to BASF sites in Malaysia.BASF holds 60% of its joint venture BASF PETRONAS Chemicals Sdn Bhd, which operates a state-of-the-art Verbund production site in the Gebeng Industrial Zone, Pahang, and 50% of Toray BASF PBT Resin Sdn Bhd.BASF posted sales to customers in Malaysia of approximately €403 million in 2022 and had 2,415 employees as of the end of the year. Further information is available on www.basf.com/my.
Objectives of the Position
- Validate and challenge 36 months sales plan with country sales & marketing team, upload finalized sales plan into IBP system monthly.
- Act as contact person between regional supply chain team & local team on daily business steering topics.
- Manage P&L and analyze actual vs forecasted financial performance and recommend countermeasure to achieve country target
- Support Country Management in steering pricing and rebate schemes
- Manage and identify suitable action to reduce dysfunctional inventory (aging, slow mover, non-moving)
Demand & Distribution Planning
- Validate and challenge 36 months sales plan with country sales & marketing team.
- Identify risks/downsides and opportunities/upsides to sales plan. Document and track risks and opportunities including likelihood and decision time and review on a monthly basis.
- Closely liaise with regional supply planning team to monitor delivery plan & ensure customer requests are met
- Communicate any sudden demand changes to the relevant regional supply planning team without delay
- Coordinate on the artwork for import FFP/AI between supply planning team and local regulatory/artwork manager
- Request for new product article and maintain article master data
- Manage local non conformances in line with the process established by region.
Finance, Controlling, and Reporting
- Upload final validated 36 months sales forecast to IBP monthly.
- Forecast and upload full year P&L quarterly.
- Monitor local COGS development
- Analyze actual vs forecasted financial performance, pro-actively highlight deviations from target to country management and recommend countermeasures.
- Collaborate with country sales and marketing team on annual budget planning and present to regional management.
- Support Country Management in steering pricing and rebate schemes (co-sign off with sales & marketing). Develop price/volume scenarios.
- Check rebate settlement calculation, monitor rebate accruals.
- Post journal accrual, deferral, reclass where necessary.
- Monitor AR overdue and DSO development.
- Ensure that business and accounting processes/policy are in total compliance with corporate policies and objectives.
Local Inventory Management
- Proactively identify suitable action in collaboration with sales & marketing team to reduce dysfunctional inventory (aging, slow mover, non-moving).
- Strictly follow the inventory guideline process for inventory write-off and stock taking procedures.
- Attend yearly stock take in country warehouses and tolling site.
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Finance / Accounting / Supply Chain or Logistics Management.
- Working Experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant experience. Understanding on crop protection business is an advantageous.
- Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of demand planning, inventory & distribution planning process
- SAP knowledge is beneficial.
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications.
- Good command in English.
- Good communication skills, team player.