Product Operations Finance Analyst (12 Month Contract)
Apple is a place where extraordinary people come together to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your ideal job... Just be prepared to dream big! We have been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5,000 employees, serving our customers with critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success.
Collaboration is important at Apple, and every single day you will connect with, and be supported by your colleagues at one of the most diverse companies in the world. You will have responsibility for our continued success and be a key player within your job function. We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones.
You will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including the European Sales Fulfilment, AppleCare after-sales services, European Logistics, Manufacturing & Operations, Apple Media Products, Apple Retail as well as the Global Business Solutions (GBS) function.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with people Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills - a naturally enquiring approachStrong technical skills: ability to deal with large data volumes & summarise key aspects.Able to deliver in a fast-paced work environment & to strive for excellencePositive energy & demeanour with a desire to drive constant improvement & changeAbility to cut through ambiguity, to listen, challenge & innovateSelf-motivated, curious & flexible, works well both individually and in teams.
- This role is in the Operations Finance team, reporting to the FP&A Finance Manager. There are 3 analysts in the team, each actively engaging with the local business teams to provide analytical & decision-making support, as well as quarter end and forecasting duties.
- You will support the Product Operations business team with responsibility for Cost Card Analysis and Automation, Capex Management, Spend Reporting and Analysis, in addition to Authorised Requestor duties. The position interacts directly with the key local Product Operations groups, including Production, Planning, Materials, Engineering, Refurb Ops and DC Ops.
- Authorised Requestor duties to include PR approval, Webcycle processing and GR requests.
- Calculation of the Weekly Cost Card, which is used to identify the labour inputs into the Cork manufacturing process. Presentation to the Product Operations Exec team quarterly.
- Detailed costing of supply chain initiatives including labour, freight and material scrap and attrition assumptions.
- Produce monthly and quarterly KPI’s and manufacturing metrics to help the business understand key cost drivers.
- Quarter end Activity to determine Cork manufacturing inventory reserves.
- Forecasting activity to include Cork labour costs into the future.
- Management of the CSI (Cost Saving Initiative) process; work with the underlying teams on costing of savings, and track through to completion.
Education & Experience
- Relevant degree in a business or finance discipline is an advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.