Assistant Manager, Pensions Audit - Thames Valley
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
About the role
We're looking for an ambitious and motivated Assistant Manager with a desire to gain exposure to a varied portfolio of high-profile pension fund clients, whilst developing key people-management skills in a supportive, yet progressive environment. You'll be joining a talented team committed to delivering best-in-class assurance services, adding value to the trustee governance of the schemes they manage, whilst honing your skills as a leader of the future.
Whilst we’d love to have candidates in this position work with our colleagues in an office environment, due to the nature of the role we will consider applications from candidates who wish to work fully remotely.
Some of the main responsibilities you might expect in the position include:
- Managing and undertaking statutory audits and being involved in all stages of the audit process from planning to completion
- Showing initiative and taking responsibility for management of the audit and your team to ensure completion within the agreed budget
- Acting as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork
- Managing on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of your team
- Delivering high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Supervising audit teams on site, reviewing the work of Associates and assisting Senior Audit Managers in project management and client liaison
- Alongside other Assistant Managers, reporting to a Senior Manager on large complex audit assignments, as well as managing a small portfolio of clients as manager
- Carrying out work profitably and on a timely basis, in accordance with the firm's professional standards and to the satisfaction of our clients and audit senior managers
- Supporting the team in delivering a quality audit timetable and providing insightful comments to report to the client
- Contributing to a continuous improvement ethos for the team
- Managing and lead assurance and risk management projects – liaising with clients and preparing client reports
The technical skills, experience and background we’d expect to see from candidates suitable for this opportunity include:
- Professional qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA)
- Technically strong with a good audit grounding, preferably encompassing Pension Schemes but if not, a willingness and appetite to learn
- Good working knowledge of compliance and regulation
- Ability to support and mentor team members
- An exceptional team player, juggling a number of clients with conflicting demands
- Effectively support audit senior managers to ensure work fulfils audit objectives and quality standards
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
Closing Date: 05 January 2024
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.