Finance Data Controller Associate
Finance Data Controller – Associate/AVP
The Finance Data Controller function has responsibility for providing oversight and a point of escalation for Policy compliance, effectively managing data quality, assessing the impact of data quality challenges, and prioritising the remediation of issues related to data quality.
This is a growing team in Glasgow, presenting a great opportunity to help shape the function going forward, gain exposure to a wide range of functions and products across Morgan Stanley, and develop a network across the firm.
The Data Issues Management Governance team is responsible for all aspects of governance around data issues, including the production of metrics and reporting for management, working with issue owners to accurately document the data issue and running controls to ensure policy standards are met.
The successful candidate will work with colleagues in Glasgow as well as global Finance, Technology, Operations and other business units.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
What will you be doing?
- Understanding the firmwide Data Quality Policy and its application within Finance, adopting a risk based approach to prioritising any potential gaps to policy compliance.
- Working with global colleagues to build and document internal processes and controls, identifying opportunities for ongoing improvement.
- Analysing and interpreting data sets in Excel, summarising and presenting findings to management.
- Preparing high quality materials for multiple internal forums as well as for internal senior management
What we’re looking for:
- Accounting/Finance background and knowledge of Financial Statements; qualified or part-qualified accountant.
- Experience of interpreting, summarising and presenting results in a meaningful format.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work consistently and efficiently to achieve goals either as an individual or as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to engage with colleagues/clients of all levels, including senior stakeholders.
- Highly numerate with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong Excel skills.
Where will you be working?
Working in a collaborative growing team in the Glasgow Finance division on a 3/2 hybrid model.
Flexible work statement:
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.