We are currently looking for a Management Accountant (Manager grade) to join our Outsourcing service line working on a portfolio of Stevenage office clients.
This role will be based in our Stevenage or London office. You will be joining an established team, can expect full support and excellent long term Career development opportunities.
This management position is in a growing area of the business, and you will take ownership of a portfolio of clients and share responsibility of the management of a strong team of financial outsourcing professionals. We are also running numerous cloud-based systems projects, which depending on experience will support with.
Why Join Menzies?
- We are a UK based recognised employer of choice with office locations in London, Hertfordshire, Surrey, Hampshire, and South Wales (Cardiff).
- Join our family of 500 employees. Be a member and not just a number!
- We offer a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors.
- Our package and benefits are very competitive.
- Work life balance is part of our organisational culture,
- We believe in developing our staff throughout their career.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsibility of a portfolio of clients with varying sizes and requirements, ranging from VAT return preparation through to Management Accounts and advisory work offering a more bespoke service when requested by the clients.
- Communicating Management Information to clients with commentary and discussing their business performance.
- Management of the team members servicing the portfolio of clients, ensuring all output is accurate and consistent whilst creating a positive and enjoyable working environment.
- Supporting the Outsourcing Partner to implement the firm’s vision for servicing clients and managing the team, helping with the department’s cloud-based approach for client working.
- Managing tight deadlines and client expectations, requiring a highly organised and pragmatic approach.
- Cascade client visions and requirements to the team to deliver against high expectations whilst maintaining accuracy. This must be carried out at the same time as meeting financial budgets and internal targets.
- Internal relationship building across departments within Menzies in order for the company to deliver a joined-up service for the clients.
- Potential to be involved in systems-based work including reviews of clients’ financial systems and processes, software health checks, recommending improvements and implementing changes.
- ACA, ACCA qualified preferable.
- Excellent working knowledge of cloud-based accounting systems
- Experience in designing and implementing financial systems and controls, useful not compulsory.
- Solid technical accounting knowledge
- Relevant and current Outsourcing experience / Financial Controller level experience if in industry
- Producing Management Accounts and commentary for business owners
- Managing a team and handling the day-to-day issues involved
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to motivate and develop a team.
- Adaptable to varying client needs.
- Effective client relationship builder
- Strong commercial business acumen
- Demonstrates Best Practice approach to all tasks and assignments.
Key Benefits we offer, but not limited to:
- Competitive base salary (we do yearly market research to ensure we offer a competitive salary to our employees and joining candidates)
- 33 days annual leave entitlement a year including bank holidays.
- Annual buy and sell leave scheme.
- Private Medical Cover available to all employees (trainees can opt in for a salary sacrifice)
- Private Pension Matching Scheme: if employee contributes 2.5-5%, we match it and add another 3% on top!
- Employee Referral Bonus up to £10,000 for a successful placement
- Reimbursement of one professional subscription each year
- Dress for your day policy – you decide, not us!
- Life Assurance 4x your salary
- Group Income Protection – 75% of salary if long term sickness exceeds 6 months.
- Agile Working is embedded in our culture: we understand that everyone works in different ways and need flexibility within their working day.
- Learning and Development opportunities and Study Support throughout your Menzies career
- Career Coaching programme for Managers and above
- Better Place to Work Initiative: proactive benchmarking of the best DEI and wellbeing programmes to offer our employees and improve our employee experience.
- CSR Programme: each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise funds and give back to the local community.
- Employee Assistance Programme - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees and their families. As well as being a support line for mental health counselling, it also offers practical financial, legal and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
- Paid sick leave – a generous scheme to help you when you are struggling with health issues.
- Free flu jab, eyesight test and physical health checks
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Enhanced Parental + Family Leave: We are a place where you can combine both a career and a family so those going on Maternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 3 months and 50% pay for the next 6 weeks, those going on Paternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 2 weeks (both subject to eligibility). We also have Adoption and Shared Parental Leave
- Volunteering Scheme with a maximum of 2.5 days given by the Firm to match 2.5 days devoted to qualifying schemes by the employee in any 12-month period.
- Season Ticket Loan
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated, and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies, we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.