Hedge Fund Client Facing Account Manager
Working within Morgan Stanley Fund Services Division you will be a primary contact liaising with hedge fund clients providing key updates on the funds and market.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
What will you be doing?
- Managing approximately 1-5 clients Ensuring timely delivery of audited financial statements
- Coordinate with global colleagues across various groups (accounting, investor services, tax, analytics, middle office, cash, regulatory reporting) to identify and implement solutions to problems and leverage firm resources as appropriate to strengthen control environment
- Coordinate trading activity and break resolution for listed and OTC products (IRS, CDS, Swaptions, Repo's, FX OTC) with client
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of daily and monthly deliverables from the accounting services team
- Responsible for delivering a high touch, high quality client service product that meets and exceeds client expectations, improves client satisfaction over time and earns us the ability leverage the client as a reference
- Review and understand key fund organizational documents and fund setup, enhance controls, and manage operational risk for the business
- Idea generation and ongoing assessment and improvement of the operational service model
- Look for opportunities to extend our overall service package to clients by promoting our complete suite of products to add more value for our clients and build alliance
20 Bank Street London, Canary Wharf, Excellent transport links. On site Gym, choice of canteens, dry cleaner and tailors and break out spaces.
Flexible work statement:
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
QualificationsWhat we’re looking for:
- Extensive knowledge of complex hedge fund and/or private equity strategies and investor level accounting concepts
- Knowledge of different product types, including but not limited to derivatives, fixed income, options, equity instruments, etc.
- Understanding of GAAP and/or IFRS financial statement reporting requirements, including strong understanding of hedge fund and/or private equity structures
- Strong team, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, communication skills (both written and verbal) and relationship management skills
- Undergraduate degree (i.e. Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent)
- Solid prior experience in fund accounting related role
- experience with an asset manager, fund administrator, or public accounting firm
- CPA/CA/Qualified license a plus but not required
- US Tax and UK Reporting requirements knowledge a plus but not required. #LI-SD1