Manager, Business Solutions - Manchester
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in 150 countries and across 798 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
We are a well-established and growing top 10 firm with a strong reputation for providing a high quality service, with recognised expertise in our chosen strategic sector groups - Corporate Business, Non Profit, Pension Funds, Professional Practice and Private Clients.
The Business Solutions Team provides accounting tax and outsourcing services to predominantly owner managed businesses. The team is growing but still relatively small – eight people. There is a good opportunity for progression for the right person.
Personal tax returns and detailed personal advice is dealt with by a different team. Complex corporate tax returns performed by the tax team. VAT technical and process support are available where we prepare VAT returns.
Main duties and responsibilities
The manager is responsible for co-ordinating the team, and for managing projects and multiple assignments in a timely and effective manner.
- Review of accounts and tax returns for mainly limited companies (some sole traders and partnerships) in accordance with Practice Assurance requirements.
- Review of management reporting for our outsourcing clients.
- Managing entire outsourcing assignments and ensuring staff are in control of daily housekeeping tasks including VAT returns. There is technical in office support on VAT compliance.
- Ensure you and your team are up-to-date with technical issues/changes. There are central courses and updates.
- Managing the work flow of the department and supervising the team.
- Assist junior members in achieving their work goals. Mentoring where appropriate.
- Perform annual appraisals for the department
- Take part in Practice Development activities and develop own network. Take part in the marketing of the department.
- Manage time costs that are being charged to clients and deal appropriately with jobs that are envisaged to go over budget. Billing clients on a monthly basis.
- Meeting clients face to face and on teams. Developing good rapport and acting in a professional manner.
- Ensuring that department procedures and controls are maintained including WIP provisions, planner updates, timesheets completed on time, holiday and sickness forms submitted, absence reported by etc.
Performance objectives and targets will be set for the main duties above at least annually by the Partner. These will be reviewed against performance targets regularly. Objectives and targets will also be set and performance reviewed in respect of the personal qualities listed in the person specification.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- You will have already attained the level of experience and expertise required to be able to advise clients.
- Experience of acting as the first point of contact for the client and able to resolve client issues unless they involve technical matters of fact or opinion.
- Work effectively within regulatory compliance structures.
- You will have an appropriate awareness of the risk involved in this specialism of work.
- You will be able to manage a team and develop the department
- You will be able to take responsibility for your work and must be able to multi task in an organised manner. You will time manage your own work and client appointments.
- Remuneration planning – previous exposure to bonus, share scheme and salary sacrifice planning is desirable
- Structuring of businesses – LLPs, Companies and partnerships
- Basic personal/employment tax advice
- Completion of corporation tax returns
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Working knowledge of FRS102
- Be passionate about delivering a quality service to clients
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills at all levels, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external clients; and facilitate the team culture by documenting and sharing information.
- Ability to understand the needs of the client and act accordingly.
- The ability to act as client relationship manager on a portfolio of clients.
- Ability to manage the department’s billing process.
- Ability to produce accurate, high quality work.
- Effective time and project management skills, being able to manage multiple assignments within the required timeframes.
- Ability to use own initiative and think independently in order to resolve issues.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Commitment to their personal development, being willing to undertake the necessary training to fulfil the main duties and skill sets of the grade.
- Is pro-active and enthusiastic, looking for business opportunities and methods of improving service delivery
- Be professional friendly and approachable
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our people to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss this with you further.
Closing Date: 05 January 2024
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.