Fund Accounting (FA) Client Service Manager
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Fund Accounting Client Service Manager will be responsible for facilitating and leading efforts of the FA operational teams and other internal stakeholders, coordinating resources to ensure timely delivery and issue resolution, and effectively communicating with the client and advocating client concerns and needs to partners.The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Communicating Fund Accounting service and delivery to one or multiple clients, attending client meetings, including Service Reviews
- Operating independently; providing in-depth knowledge of the Fund Accounting business unit/ function covering both NAV and Financial Reporting
- Building relationships with clients to continuously improve understanding of their requirements and expectations
- Cultivating and maintaining strong working relationship across multiple teams to ensure client service needs are understood and met
- Owning Key Performance Indicators and Service Review Packs (suitability and upkeep) monitoring of agreed service requirements with measurable results Escalation of service issues and or client concerns as needed to management; monitor resolution, leveraging internal teams where appropriate
- Reviewing Client Service Level Document’s as needed, align to the Master SLD (reviewed annually) and partner with the operations teams to manage proposed scope changes to SLD’s with associated governance
- Supporting alignment to Fund Accounting’s standard service model by ensuring all deviations are appropriately documented and risk assessed, and change governance followed Heightening awareness of the client within Global Fund Services and Asset Owners and partner with internal teams, so that they feel like they are an extension to the client’s business development
- Driving client service planning in partnership with internal parties for existing and new clients
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Extensive client facing experience
- Technical / digital proficiency
- Effective prioritisation
- Organisational adaptability
- Personal Accountability
- Financial Services industry experience including some management and client service experience.
- Reasonable Technical knowledge of Fund Accounting including both NAV and Financial Reporting
- Previous exposure to and comfort with dealing with senior management, internally and externally.
- Highly articulate with good communication skills.
- Ability to initiate and deliver change.
- Strong understanding of role of external parties such as auditors and Board of Directors, Management Company required.
- Skills in negotiation, delegating, leadership, and service are necessary to service the client relationship.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to motivate and galvanise a team of people who may be based in different locations and with varying levels of expertise.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.