Internal Audit - Senior Manager (Payments And Electronic Money)
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions entrepreneurial organisations need to navigate today’s changing world.
We work with the companies that are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and directly advise the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry
As a Senior Manager in the Financial Services Advisory Internal Audit team, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of Financial Service clients providing internal audit services and other internal control and regulatory reviews (specifically Safeguarding).
You’ll lead the planning of engagements and organising the delivery of the work and directly leading more complex assignments. This is a great opportunity to further develop specialist sub-sector, technical and regulatory knowledge and be involved in both business and team development.
You’ll be someone with
- Significant Experience of internal audit or regulatory assurance experience working within or with the Payments or Electronic Money Financial Services Sectors
- Deep and specific knowledge of the Financial Services (Payments and Electronic Money) sectors and the UK regulatory environment.
- Demonstrable experience in the planning and delivery of Financial Services internal audit reviews, reporting to Audit Committees and/or regulatory assurance reviews.
- Excellent knowledge of the UK regulatory environment with deeper knowledge of some Financial Services (Payments and Electronic Money) sub sectors
- A recognised accountancy or internal audit professional qualifications and/or memberships (i.e. ICAEW, CIMA, CIIA, ACCA etc.) is preferred but not essential.
- Sound technical knowledge of financial products and / or customer-facing regulation
- Strong written / communication skills, ability to influence, lead, engage, and manage
- Strong analytical and problem-solving, with the ability to present in a concise manner
- Expertise in leading and developing teams.
- Excellent understanding of risk management and internal control.
You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer every colleague the opportunity to work in ways that suit you, your teams, and the task at hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for the companies we work with and satisfying experiences for our colleagues, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in you. Across the UK thousands of unique minds continue to come together to help companies we work with to achieve their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.