Manager/Senior Manager - Corporate Tax DDX - Financial Services
KPMG's Corporate Tax division is looking for a highly talented tax professional with managed, property or investment funds or foreign bank branch experience looking to step up to a senior role in our Delivery and Data Excellence (DDX) Financial Services Team. Our team is responsible for delivering corporate tax compliance services to a broad range of Financial Services clients of KPMG’s Australian practice, supporting clients with their corporate tax compliance obligations using best practice technology including tax return engines, workflow tools and data analytical technology.
As a senior member of the team, you will be responsible for managing and reviewing complex tax compliance engagements, leveraging your knowledge of the end-to-end life cycle of a fund, or Australian income tax experience in the managed fund, property, investment funds or banking industry to identify and resolve key technical tax issues. A key feature of DDX is a continuous focus on process and technological improvements in the delivery of our services and your innovative, open mindset and industry experience, will be a key factor in contributing to the success of these projects.
The purpose of your new role will be to deliver technical tax compliance and advisory services to financial services clients and to support our key service offerings. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the preparation, delivery and reporting of assigned client engagements and projects, leveraging our data delivery tools and technology, to deliver tax compliance and advisory services (including distribution reviews, tax returns and other services) to our Financial Services clients
- Leading high performing teams with the ability to execute with accuracy, quality and timeliness and providing guidance, mentoring and training to junior staff to enhance technical and work management skills
- Utilising your experience and knowledge to present practical commercial solutions that enhance our core services to clients.
- Innovating and supporting continuous improvement initiatives in tax compliance and process-based activities, developing tools, technology and products that add value to clients
- May include leading a specific service line portfolio or technical area, leveraging your specialist tax technical knowledge and experience in the managed funds, property, investment funds or banking industry.
How are you extraordinary?
- You are able to prepare high-quality client-ready deliverables and present to the partners for review.
- You get things done! You’re organized, efficient, and have a high attention to detail to deliver impactful outcomes.
- You have a can-do attitude and are always seeking creative solutions to problems with the help of the right technical tools and a supportive team. You get excited about generating innovative ideas that create value, improve processes, and solve complex problems.
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients, and communities. To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience should include:
- Australian industry experience in managed funds, property funds, investment funds or foreign bank branch.
- Strong Australian corporate tax compliance experience, including preparation and/or review of company and trust tax returns, distribution reviews and tax provisions
- Successful completion of a Masters of Tax or CA qualification
- A leadership approach with strong interpersonal, collaborative and influencing skills and the ability to motivate and develop high performing teams
- An honest and ethical approach to business and a continuous improvement mindset which will provide a natural fit with KPMG's values
KPMG is a professional services firm with global outreach and deep sector experience. We work with clients across an array of industries to solve complex challenges, steer change and enable growth.
Our people are what make KPMG the thriving workplace that it is and what sets us apart is that we know great minds think differently. Collaborate with a team of passionate, highly skilled professionals who’ve got your back. You’ll build relationships with unique and diverse colleagues who will provide you with the support you need to be your best and produce meaningful and impactful work in an inclusive, equitable culture.
At KPMG, you’ll take control over how you work. We’re embracing a new way of working in many ways, from offering flexible hours and locations to generous paid parental leave and career breaks. Our people enjoy a variety of exciting perks, including retail discounts, health and wellbeing initiatives, learning and growth opportunities, salary packaging options and more.
Diverse candidates have diverse needs. During your recruitment journey, information will be provided about adjustment requests. If you require additional support before submitting your application, please contact the Talent Support Team.
At KPMG every career is different, and we look forward to seeing how you grow with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.