Business Services Manager
BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax and advisory services. As one of the world’s leading audit and accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes across an array of industry sectors.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done. Learn more about BDO.
We are currently seeking an experienced Manager to join our vibrant and growing Business Services team. The Business Services group ensures our clients’ success by adding value in every aspect of their business through the provision of world-class advisory and compliance services. BDO's business advisers understand growth and success in the Australian and international markets and focus on helping our clients understand their business and provide practical strategies to help them succeed.
- Assist in management of the operational responsibilities of the Business Services team
- Assist in management of the team to deliver high quality services to clients, and providing mentorship to junior staff
- Review and manage the delivery of complex financial statements and consolidated financial statements and Income Tax Returns prepared by team members
- Preparation and analysis of complex management accounting reports
- Assisting with the design, development and analysis of financial reporting models
- Assist in strategic business discussions with clients
- Conducting tax compliance reviews of tax returns, FBT returns, GST and Payroll tax
- Advising on tax planning issues, implementing tax planning and savings ideas for clients
- Assist in setting budgets for specific jobs and explaining parameters and scope to team
- Starting to develop external networks and market presents
- Undertake ad-hoc duties as required from time to time.
- Achieves successful outcomes through clear and effective communications and the ability to relate to others
- Developing commercial skills with genuine levels of enquiries about wider business issues and application to client situations
- Good problem solver
- Strong communication skills, able to adapt style to suit different audiences, and ability to explain complex issues
- Self-driven and assumes responsibility and accountability
- Developing leadership and management skills
- Collaborative and solution focused
- Ability to monitor progress and remain 'across' jobs; owning them and striving to adhere to short and long term deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Is willing and driven, takes a proactive approach
- Strong digital skills including a good working knowledge of MS Office applications, cloud accounting platforms and add-ons Willingness and ability to bring new ideas to the table.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Prior accounting experience in an accounting firm environment
- CA/CPA qualified
- General consulting exposure to a range of clients
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
To submit your application please click Apply or for further information please contact Michelle Lorschy on firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more what we offer at BDO.
Our offices are closed for the holiday season from the 25th December 2023 – 5th January 2024. We look forward to reviewing your application upon our return on Monday, 8th January. BDO wishes you a safe and enjoyable holiday season.
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUSTFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.