Accountant (Balance Sheet Control) with Ukrainian & Russian (Hybrid)
About the role:
This is an intermediate level role for Candidates with practical knowledge/experience in Accounting. The Incumbent will ensure the integrity of Citi’s Balance Sheet by preparing robust reconciliations, remediating issues as they arise and escalating any unresolved items to Finance Management and other Stakeholders (Proof Owner role).
Balance Sheet Control Analyst develops a strong working relationship with the internal Citi customers serviced by the unit including Account Owners, Country Controllers, Governance teams, Control Leads, ensuring that high quality service standards are maintained.
About the Team:
Poland/Warsaw Balance Sheet Proofing unit is part of the Global Balance Sheet Control (Substantiation) Group under Citigroup Financial Controller oversight, and performs proofing and reconciliation activities for certain EMEA countries/businesses units reported in the EMEA Region.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and talented individual to gain exposure to all aspects of the Citi Balance Sheet and get a good understanding of the control environment a bank operates in. This role will interact with areas across Finance providing excellent exposure and opportunities for progression
- Responsible for the accurate reporting of the status of the reconciliations owned into Citi reporting tool
- Ensure adherence of pre-defined risk control practices throughout reconciliation and proofing process
- Work with the system support to improve process and address operational issues.
- Reviews items that cause un-reconciled balances between the Subsidiary ledger and the General Ledger; the review also includes other balance sheet issues such as aging, unsupported and unconfirmed items, and abnormal balances
- Ensures that errors and issues for assigned accounts are identified, properly escalated and reported in a timely manner
- Coordinates errors with Account Owners/Exception Owners from various units and businesses for corrective action, and advises them of preventive actions
- Ensure audit preparedness in all aspects of reconciliation and proofing for both internal and external audits & reviews.
- Performs testing for system enhancements or resolutions to ensure that updates/changes will not disrupt the production process once implemented
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 1 year of experience in Banking, Financial Institutions sector
- Must have a very good understanding of accounting process.
- Fluent English, both oral and writing (Corporate language)
- Fluent Russian and Ukrainian
- Proven track record of solving issues, good analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills - written and oral.
- Proficient in MS Office with Advanced Excel skills
- Bachelors degree
- Working towards a certification in accounting (ACCA, CPA or local equivalent) would be a strong asset
What We offer:
- Competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus
- Attractive social benefits (private medical care, multisport, life insurance, award-winning pension scheme, holiday allowance, recognition system; maternity/paternity scheme, hybrid work model, and other)
- Work in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies with exposure to variety of products, processes and controls
- Abundance of internal job opportunities across the globe as well as great platforms for self-learning and development.
- Work in a friendly and diversified environment, appreciating differences in style and perspective
- A great environment for learning new technology and tools, online and instructor led training opportunities
- A chance to make a difference with various affinity networks and charity initiatives
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.