Financial Control - Warsaw - 2024 ReEntry Program
The ReEntry Program is a 15-week fellowship program, beginning March 18, 2024 and ending June 28, 2024 with the prospect of an offer for permanent employment with J.P. Morgan at the end of the program. The program offers a reintroduction to corporate life for those returning to the workplace after an extended career break for two or more years. The fellowship placements will be based on both business needs and candidate skill set and interest areas within our Corporate Investment Banking, Asset Wealth Management & Commercial Banking Operations business.
Please refer to our ReEntry Overview page for further information regarding the Program.
As a part of Financial Control team, you will be accountable for the integrity of the books and records of the Firm and leading large-scale data, infrastructure, accounting standard and business process change management events.
The most common functions and activities owned by Financial Control include but are not limited to the following: financial analysis, balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation, general ledger reconciliation reporting & governance, inter-entity control and governance, manual accounting/bookings to the general ledger and operating systems, and executing the month end close process.
- Work closely with line of business controllers, financial control, middle office, and operations
- Partner with FFC teams globally and various stakeholders across global locations
- Perform various control procedures to ensure the integrity of reported financial results
- Enhance the overall control environment around the financial reporting function
- Manage the consolidation of JPMorgan Chase financial data at month end, including the ability to support month end, quarter end, and year end activities
- Mobilize change wherever possible in order to simplify processes and enhance controls
- Control post-closing entries and consolidation adjustments
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Seeking accomplished individuals who are currently on a voluntary career break for at least 2 years and wish to return to the workforce full time a part of the Financial Control team
- At least 4-7 years of overall work experience; with minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related industry
- Basic knowledge of investment banking products (Securities, derivatives)
- Strong leadership skills, time-management skills, strong understanding of the process and desktop/spreadsheet/database skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort liaising with business and risk partners while building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to critically challenge with the goal of identifying control issues
Diversity and Inclusion at JPM
A culture of inclusion is critical to JP Morgan’s success. We are committed to supporting women and encouraging them to achieve their career goals. Our team is as diverse as our work, and we’ve recently been recognised as a Top 50 Employer for Women in the UK, amongst many other awards across many different areas. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.