Executive, Corporate Tax - Thames Valley
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist – at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace. That’s why, at Crowe, our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Corporate Tax Executive, Thames Valley
Following significant growth (headcount growth of 66% since March 2020), our Corporate Tax team in Reading are looking to appoint a new Corporate Tax Executive. With the forecasted revenue growth and a clear resourcing plan to support this, there will be very realistic and tangible opportunities for career advancement. What’s more, you’ll be joining a talented tax team that were recently nominated for ‘Best Employer in Tax’ at the 2023 Tolley’s Taxation awards. There really has never been a better time to start your tax career at Crowe.
This opportunity would suit a recently qualified (CTA or equivalent) candidate looking to take their tax career to the next level.
Your responsibilities will be varied, but broadly speaking you will be responsible for managing the tax compliance requirements of a portfolio of existing clients, ranging from small companies to members of larger groups. This will include dealing with the calculation of provisions for inclusion in statutory accounts, other corporate tax issues arising from the portfolio and dealing with the tax affairs of the business owners. You will also assist the Partners with tax advisory projects and transactional work.
- Act as a key point of contact for our clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Anticipating client needs and communicating effectively with clients in both written and verbal exchanges.
- Acting at all times with the Firm’s best interests in mind – act with integrity in all dealings.
- Assist in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the tax assignment for Manager or Partner review, providing solutions and seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different types of risk, understanding the Firm’s approach and policies for managing risk in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules and following policies.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review, clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Demonstrate business development skills and identifying additional sales opportunities.
- Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments.
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Coach junior members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Provide on-the-job training for developing tax skills and familiarity with the firm’s Tax methodology.
- Participate in service line, office and firm-wide activities.
The ideal individual
- Have recently gained a CTA (or equivalent) qualification, backed up with significant Corporate Tax experience in another accounting firm.
- A solid understanding and application of UK tax laws and implications affecting your clients.
- An ability to provide fast and intuitive analysis; correctly interpreting data, including financial statements and source documents.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Demonstrate excellent writing, research and presentation skills (proficient in MS applications such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
- Demonstrate a genuine passion for client service.
- Display energy and enthusiasm and a focus on achieving results.
- Be keen to further your own personal development and career goals.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to work and team success; shows positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and takes initiative to improve process/situations when appropriate.
- An ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of Crowe’s capability to support our clients.
- Act as a role model for more junior members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition, you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus, an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 05 January 2024
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.