Project Joint Venture BTC Specialist
Joint Venture Accounting (JVA) in Finance Operations performs the end to end Joint Venture Accounting activity for RDS Operated and non-operated Upstream/Integrated Gas activities. The team, which is part of the Revenue Upstream organization, operates from SBO Manila and manages cash calls and joint interest billing to Joint Venture partners.
This role is responsible in performing day to day operational requirements for Upstream Joint Venture Accounting (JVA) Brazil for Shell Operated and Non- Operated JV assets, with the following primary accountabilities:
- Ensure cash calls are within the approved budget and appropriately booked in the rightful cost element,
- Ensuring that cash calls are received and paid within agreed terms,
- Proactively and reactively identify potential bank overdraft,
- Complete, quality and timely joint interest billing and other required reports provided to JV partners and key stakeholders,
- Accurate recording of non-operated venture account balances,
- Accurate and timely postings of required manual journal entries and ensure approval within MOA,
- Analysed and address aging of account reconciliation balance.
- Creates analytical reports to be used during Asset/Venture discussions.
This position will also be responsible for effective relationships with key stakeholders within Finance Operations, Asset Finance in the Business and Controllers team to ensure that alignment of objectives, delivery of functional plan and targets are met.
- Manage JV Partner debtor/vendor request set-up
- Manage Equity group change request set-up and complete Prior Period Adjustment as necessary
- Review Authority for Expenditure (AFE) JV attributes prior set-up in SAP
- Place AFE in suspense/un-suspense
- Cash call calculation and preparation of statement for sending to JV partner
- Perform bank reconciliation and cash flow monitoring
- Prepare monthly Joint Interest Billing and other required reports
- Records NOV Joint Interest Billing
- Manage payment processing
- Address issues and errors during allocation and cutback process
- Focal for any issues or questions relating to Billing and Cash Call process
- Monthly Status of Accounts Reporting Analysis
- Monthly Portfolio Analysis meeting with Team Manager
- Actively participate in the monthly or other relevant stakeholders meeting
- Compliance to internal and SOX controls.
- Identify and execute process improvements to deliver efficiency and effectiveness value
- Identify control weaknesses and recommend appropriate changes
- Successful execution of process streamlining with continuous improvement mindset
- Identify digitalization or automation initiatives to deliver more effective and efficient process
- Maintain an office environment supportive of diversity and inclusiveness
- Enterprise first behaviour
- Business Acumen
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Degree/qualifications in Accounting/Finance preferred.
- 3-5 plus years work experience in related accounting processes
- Sound understanding of Credit Management and Joint Venture Accounting process.
- Must have experience in a multi-national company – preferably in Shared Services environment.
- Exhibits excellent English communications skills (written and oral).
- Language Proficiency Level: C1 (specify language requirement by country).
- Good knowledge of controls framework.
- Ability to work under high pressure an in a rapidly changing environment.
- SAP and Microsoft office skill set are necessary, preferably advanced excel
- Amendable to work on a hybrid work setup (2 days work on-site & 3 days WFH). Shift: 3:00 PM to 12:00 AM
- Must be willing to work on a contract of 6 months.
- Accounting and Reporting- Skill
- Business Partnering – Skill
- Finance Input to Joint Ventures - Skill
- Governance and Assurance - Skill
- Commercial Mind-set – Skill
- Negotiation- Skill
- Delivers Results
- Motivates, Coaches & Develops
- Displays Personal Effectiveness
- Demonstrates Courage
- Values Differences
- Champions Customer Focus
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.