Hedge Fund Accounting & Administration, Officer
Who we are looking for
Hedge Fund Administration Managers, Officers interact with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments. Hedge Fund Administration Managers are responsible to direct the day-to-day accounting and administration for several client sponsored investment funds.
What you will be responsible for
- Account for the day-to-day management of team members and the maintenance of assigned activities, allocate and coordinate resources and handle personnel related issues
- Supervision of all subordinate staff levels including Associate 1, Associate 2 and Senior Associates
- Deliver the highest quality of client service and ensure appropriate KPIs are in place and understood
- Produce KPIs for functional team and perform first level review
- Act as the escalation point for operational issues, providing technical expertise as needed
- Track outstanding queries and issues; be detail oriented and prioritize effectively
- Ensure queries are being managed in a timely and positive manner
- Ensure all activities are completed in line with internal standards and review as required; ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place and adhered to by the functional team
- Create continuous improvement forums enabling teams and peer groups to identify and recommend opportunities
- Support the onboarding of new clients
- Promote a collaborative environment across businesses and jurisdictions fostering change and innovation; always demonstrate a positive attitude to all instructed business related changes
- Deliver key messages and communication effectively to ensure understanding and staff engagement
- Develop, engage and retain an industry leading workforce using all available resources
- Ensure cross training is completed across the functional team and provide specific SME training as required
- Assist with interviewing and hiring staff and make recommendations in relation to staff promotions and disciplinary issues
- Actively participate in local management forums
- Prepare and assist with internal reporting activities (risk/compliance, etc.)
- Exercise discretion and judgment with regard to matters of significance such as identifying and implementing process improvements and driving project work to achieve efficiencies
- Review and coordinate onboarding, conversion, and client change activities as needed and liaise between parties to ensure successful implementation and manage expectations
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff and responsible for completing and delivering PPRs on time
- Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work, determine promotions, salary increases, bonuses and terminate employment
- Ensure self and team anticipates, monitors, actively manages and reports all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence and role model Ethical behavior and decision making as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Perform other duties as required
- Share responsibility with:
- Individuals on the team and other internal/external teams as needed to resolve issues/discrepancies and ensure client satisfaction
- Local, regional or global working groups to advance and assist projects or committees as required
- Collaborate with appropriate teams globally to ensure consistent service delivery, client solutions and client satisfaction
Education and Experience
- Degree in Finance or Business-related area
- At least 3 years of middle office/operations experience preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- $65,000 - $102,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.