J.P. Morgan

Product Control - Global Credit Trading Controller

Recruiter
J.P. Morgan
Location
Warszawa, Mazowieckie, Poland
Salary
Highly competitive compensation package
Posted
01 Dec 2023
Closes
12 Dec 2023
Ref
210471602
Approved employers
Approved employer
Contract type
Permanent
Hours
Full time
Experience level
Qualified accountant
Job Description

The product control function provides support to the financial controllers and trading desks to ensure that the risk, P&L, balance sheet, and month end close procedures are done correctly and accurately.

If you like to work in a dynamic environment, interacting with multiple teams and at the same time proving your attention to detail and analytical skills, this is a good opportunity. You will take ownership of reviewing the risk sensitivities for a set of trading desks , performing daily controls to capture potential issues and misrepresentation of the risk, for which you will be responsible of making corrections. The daily tasks will cover a 70% of your job, but the other 30% will require more strategic thinking to adapt to a changing environment and ensure that the controls are still performed to the best. 

Duties and Responsibilities:

  • Assist with daily P&L reporting and month-end close processes
  • Assist with daily risk controls and daily risk sign off on risk sensitivities as well as Market risk reporting functions
  • Provide detailed analysis and reporting on the financials to desk heads, business managers, and senior finance management
  • Partner with the business to drive forth and implement robust controls and new business initiatives
  • Drive coordination across various front & back office support functions to ensure resolution of control and reporting issues in an accurate and timely manner
  • Serve as an analytical and project support resource for product control
  • Handle various ad-hoc requests on a daily basis

Qualifications

  • 2+ years within Product Control, Financial Control, Accounting, or related area
  • Experience doing risk, P&L or month end close processes
  • Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related area
  • Solid understanding of financial products would be advantageous (especially Credit Derivatives and fixed income products)
  • Strong analytical skills and attention to detail including a strong control focus
  • Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
  • Ability to work in a dynamic environment, multitask and adapt to challenges
About Us

J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.

We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.

About the Team

The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.

Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.

For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.

Similar jobs

More searches like this

Similar jobs