IT Auditor - Senior Manager
Who we are looking for
The IT Auditor – Officer position will be part of Corporate Audit’s Integrated Audit team, which is responsible for engagements that focus on business risk and related application technology. Team members work with business auditors to understand business risks and related application controls such as interface controls, logical access controls, and input/processing/output controls. The main objective of an integrated audit is to provide management with independent, objective assurance regarding the design and operating effectiveness of the system of internal controls to mitigate both business and IT-related risks. The audit follows a collaborative approach, with business and IT audit members jointly conducting the majority of internal and client-facing planning, control assessment, testing, and reporting activities.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As an IT Auditor, Officer you will:
- Successfully participate in the planning, execution and completion of audits following a risk based methodology in line with Division and Industry Standards as well as regulatory requirements, support recommendations for internal control improvements and preparation of audit reports providing clear messages on key risks and key audit issues.
- Participate in the planning, assessment, testing and reporting phases of audits covering IT governance, systems infrastructure, information security, application controls, and operational activities.
- Perform independent and objective assessments of risks and controls to improve risk management practices and assess controls for compliance with laws, regulations, company policies and business needs.
- Prepare or review documentation of audit work in adherence with the division’s risk-based audit methodology and industry standards
- Establish strong relationships within the Corporate Audit function.
- Develop a good understanding and knowledge base of the company’s operations and establish effective business relationships within the company
- Gain and apply a thorough understanding of audits and assigned functions, including utilization of technology and active usage of Data Analytics.
- Demonstrate, maintain and expand your knowledge of financial and operational internal control methodologies and terminologies (e.g. COSO, COBIT), process and control industry standards, audit industry best practices and regulatory expectations, risk management practices and techniques as well as supervisory regulatory requirements.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- A high degree of professionalism, professional curiosity and skepticism, organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently in an international team across multiple locations with global stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of the European regulatory environment applicable to financial institutions and proven ability to research, interpret and apply regulatory requirements.
- Fluency in English – written and spoken.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, Civil Engineering, Accounting, or a related field, or its equivalent;
- Minimum 6 to 8 years of experience with IT and Operations auditing, risk management, or IT compliance.
- Proven knowledge of Information security, system development lifecycle, IT project management and end-user computing;
- Demonstrated experience testing IT general controls and application controls including electronic authorizations, application parameters, settings and/or scripts, and access to sensitive application transactions and data interfaces;
- Experience in a number of the following: technology consulting, system auditing, privacy, cyber-security, Public and Private Cloud, software development, financial processes and systems, large project systems integration, risk management, or data analytics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Institute of Internal Auditors, NIST, COSO, COBIT, ITIL, ISO 27001, Sarbanes-Oxley and SOC 1 / SSAE 16 standards and laws and regulations applicable to the assigned area of responsibility
- Audit experience in public accounting or internal audit, focusing on financial service or other regulated industries
- Industry recognized certification CISA, CISSP, CISM
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.