Finance Manager #864 @ Poverty Alleviation
Finance Manager #864
c. £45,000 FTE
3 months to perm
Our partner is an impactful international charity with a range of programmes and initiatives to address poverty and promote the rights of a range of vulnerable people and groups. They are seeking an all-round Finance Manager to oversee the finance function and in delivering key financial information, analysis and reports.
As the sole finance member of staff, the responsibilities require someone able to be hands on as well as strategic:
- Produce quarterly management accounts and reports.
- Support in the creation of the annual budget and forecasts, including cashflow forecasts.
- As a business partner with programmes and implementing partners, ensure that financial information received meets donor compliance and reporting requirements; internal controls are developed and maintained; reconcile grant payments made and prepare financial reports for donors.
- Prepare year-end accounts, and lead in the preparation for the audit.
- Manage all bank and project accounts, including payments and reconciliations; and petty cash, reconciling expense claims and payments.
- Working with the senior leadership and board of trustees on strategic and business planning, and attending Trustee meetings.
- Payroll, including making relevant tax and pension payments.
- Other office and business administrative duties as required
Shorter-term, due to a gap in resourcing, there is a backlog of management and accounting that needs to be brought up to date in time for their year-end in December.
- Experienced accountant, with demonstrable knowledge of running the finance function of a small, international organisation. Strong management accounting & reporting, project accounting and financial accounting skills are essential.
- Experience of working in a multi-country, multi-currency environment, is essential.
- Knowledge of project accounting and the compliance and reporting of donors, including institutional donors is essential.
- Knowledge of tax (VAT, PAYE , GiftAid) & other regulatory compliance requirements of charities is essential.
- Knowledge of payroll is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical and systems skills – including advanced Excel skills and experience using cloud based accounting software.
- Able to work effectively in a small team, working with colleagues and partners remotely in the UK and overseas.
This is a part-time, temp to perm role. To clear the backlog, they are seeking someone initially looking to work 4-5 days/week; this will be reduced to 3 days/week. An immediate start is required.
This is a remote role, with the team meeting once every 4-6 weeks. This role is only open to those candidate who are based in the UK, with the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.