Senior Internal Auditor
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
- The Senior Auditor position is responsible to evaluate risks and controls for the related business processes within Baxter’s global operations. This will be accomplished by driving internal audit projects to completion and providing consulting/advisory services to management. The Global Audit Group is an ideal career development platform for highly motivated individuals as this position offers extensive exposure to Baxter’s business segments and corporate functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and execute significant operational audits using an Agile audit approach.
- Responsible for risk assessment, scoping, planning and detailed execution of fieldwork.
- Support the risk assessment process and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders (senior operational and financial management) operating in matrix operations.
- Understand and validate business processes and systems across functions and business segments.
- Understand how IT general controls (ITGC), application controls, and technology risks affect the control environment and audit scope. Work with IT auditor to make sure IT is well integrated into the scope of the audit.
- Assist/ support Project Manager on the drafting and issuance of audit report.
- In addition, act as the Data Analytics (DA) Subject Matter Expert (SME) and support the team on DA matters. Identify opportunities to utilize DA in our risk and controls assessments to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of audits. Use DA during planning, execution and reporting to optimize coverage and effectiveness.
- Draft audit observations using advance writing skills in a clear and concise manner. Ensure that audit observations are clearly presented to and agreed upon by management.
- Perform audit procedures and assigned tasks according to defined schedules for achieving audits, objectives and goals. Update project tracker timely and ensure effective communication of project milestone status.
- Attend and/or conduct external/internal meetings and teach, train and coach the Global Audit Team on DA related matters.
- Support the company‘s strategic initiatives
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Advanced skills in data analytics (modeling and visualization)
- Hands on experience with data analytics work
- Exposure to Agile project management, change management and problem solving skills (integrated approach)
- Critical thinking and ability to translate various information into problem statements for tangible actions and conclusions (train of thought)
- Knowledge of internal controls and audit processes
- Understanding of end-to-end processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization and facilitate the implementation of corrective action
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities under minimal supervision, while meeting required deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in ambiguous environments and gather information to develop focused internal audit procedures
- Risk management skills
- Strong integrity
- Strong business process understanding (business acumen)
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in accounting or auditing, preferably a mix of Big 4 (external audit) and large international corporations (internal audit)
- CPA/CA and/or CIA and/or CISA
- Excellent English skills (written and spoken)
- Willing to travel internationally as needed
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.