ACCOUNTANT- TEXTEL CREDIT UNION
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for leadership and the coordination of all activities pertaining to the update and maintenance of All Accounting Sub-ledgers, including the Members’ Ledger and General Ledger.
- To prepare monthly Management Accounts and year-end Financial Statements, Accruals for Income and Expenses, Bank Reconciliations, Cash Flow Statements and Investment as well as other Financial and Non-Financial Analyses for decision making.
- To manage Bad Debt with respect to doubtful debt provisioning, write off of Bad Debts and Bad Debt recovery - to facilitate decision making by the Board of Directors.
- To prepare all Journal Advices and the update of Journals and the General Ledger to effect double entry to record all key accounting transactions and schedules for out-payments: Interest Accruals, PAYE & NIS Accruals as necessary, Commitments (Invoices and Accruals) for Legal and other professional services, Accruals for Utilities, Printing, Vacation and other leave as required. All other accruals necessary to provide IFRS compliant Financials for decision making.
- To assist the Manager in preparing Monthly and Annual Budget Estimates for Board Approval, and in maintaining and enhancing financial and non-financial controls.
- Assists the Manager in the recommendation, set-up, maintenance and testing of accounting and administrative controls to manage and protect the Society’s Cash and physical resources.
- Performs other duties as required or otherwise directed by the Manager.
REPORTS TO: The Manager
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, TRAINING
- ACCA Level 3 with at least three (3) years experience in a Supervisory or Junior Manager position. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent Analytical Skills. Ability to work in a computerized environment. Working knowledge of Emortelle Member Management Software will be an asset. Additional experience requirement (any two of the five areas listed below):
Receivable Management, Payable Management and Payroll, Treasury Management,
Audit, Budgeting and Forecasting, Variance Analysis – Management.
- Any suitable combination of qualifications and experience.
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.