Working with the Bursar and supported by the Finance Assistant, you will lead the Finance function at a school
An independent school based in south west London
- Manage accounts payable process to ensure that invoices are processed and paid on an accurate and timely basis.
- Reconcile school bank accounts in a timely manner, ensuring expenditure and income is allocated according to the School's chart of accounts.
- Administer early years funding applications and reporting.
- Manage the school's payroll process with outsourced payroll provider.
- Manage the termly fee billing using our pupil management system with guidance from the Bursar. Manage collections through the direct debit process and follow up accounts receivable.
- Manage the month-end procedure for the accounts including prepayments, accruals and salary journals. Produce monthly management accounts, explain budget variances and update future financial forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with Financial Policies & Procedures including delegation limits, authorisation processes and such others.
- Assist the Bursar in the production of the annual budget. Proactively work with budget holders to report and expenditure and manage variances, including developing a more effective method of expenditure communication (ie. introduction of formal purchase order system).
- Support the Bursar in the production of the Statutory Accounts, including preparing all management accounts following an agreed year end process.
- Work with the School's auditor to complete the annual audit, answer audit queries and produce supporting schedules
- Part Qualified ACCA
- Advanced in Excel
- Education sector experience
- Good attention to detail
- Competitive salary
- Free lunch