Senior Manager Tax Risk
JOB TITLE: Senior Manager, Tax Risk
SALARY: £85,225 - £100,300
LOCATION(S): Edinburgh, Bristol, Leeds or Halifax
HOURS: Full time
WORKING PATTERN: Hybrid, 40% (or two days) in one of the following offices; Edinburgh Bristol, Leeds or Halifax.
About this opportunity
Are you an experienced Tax professional with an interest in joining us on our journey as we work towards Helping Britain Prosper?
Finance is key to that success, by securing and building the financial strength and performance of the Bank. We need dedicated people like you if we're to continue to innovate and adapt to the meet the ongoing needs of our customers. We'd love you to join our team where you can make a real difference!
In this role you'll be joining Group Tax, a key function within the Finance community of Lloyds Banking Group. The team are responsible for the group's tax affairs, ensuring that the tax consequences of all transactions are understood and that the group is in full compliance with its statutory obligations.
Day to day you'll be:
- Working collaboratively with the Tax Director on tax risk matters, gaining both broad and in-depth exposure to activities impacting LBG's tax affairs.
- Taking a lead on maintaining relationships and communications with key business contacts on issues which have significant tax risk implications for the Group.
- Participating in project management initiatives in the constantly evolving tax world, you'll also focus on continuous improvement, process efficiencies, and simplification.
- Partnering with 1st and 2nd line of defence colleagues to ensure Group Tax remains aligned with all relevant Group policies.
- Proactively assessing risk across our function.
- Leading Group Tax's relationship with Finance Risk Oversight and Group Risk Division.
Like the modern Britain we serve, we're evolving. Investing billions in our people, data and tech to transform the way we meet the ever-changing needs of our 26 million customers. We're growing with purpose. Join us on our journey and you will too…
What you'll need
- Qualified Accountant and/or Tax professional (e.g. ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA) or have significant experience equivalent to qualification.
- Strong level of current knowledge and experience of tax legislation and IFRS accounting standards.
- Understanding of Operational Risk for a tax function impacted by SOX, Senior Accounting Officer, Banking Code of Practise and Public Tax Strategy regimes.
- Proficient level in Excel and general I.T. skills.
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it's why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We're disability confident. So if you'd like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days' holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that's interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.