Analyst, Corp Actions
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Under direct supervision responsible for handling and processing of routine transactions such as balancing and reconciling of positions related to mergers, conversions, and redemptions. Corporate Actions deals with stock and cash and the prime responsibility of the team is to timely notify the fund managers on all voluntary and mandatory corporate actions and act upon the fund managers instructions within the given deadlines. It is an entry level position with opportunity to develop professionally.
- Responsible for processing all forms of corporate events like balancing and reconciliations related to mergers, conversions and redemptions.
- Ensures day to day deliverables are met. Checklists are to be prepared and submitted to the next level on a daily basis.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving problems within established
- Running and creating formal reports
- Working towards becoming proficient in all areas of the job
- Expected to use some initiative but refer more complex problems to supervisors/experts
- Knowledgeable of the core aspects of the job
- Works effectively as a team member but also independently
- A College or University degree and/or some relevant work experience is preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills are required
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Attention to detail is required
- Basic Functional / Industry Knowledge is preferred
- Understanding of banking procedures
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.