EIC Reporting - Assistant Manager
The Expense Insight Center (EIC) /Expense COE Assistant Manager provides subject matter knowledge in the assigned area of Financial Planning & Analysis, develops a thorough understanding of State Street’s business practices to effectively perform independent, complex reporting or analytics to the ad-hoc needs of the EIC supported businesses and Country Financial Officer/s (CFO) requirements. Reporting to the Finance CoE AVP, the Assistant Manager will be performing a multitude of activities associated with the expense reporting and analytics of the assigned business units.
Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
- Completion of high-quality deliverables within the committed timeframe.
- Month/quarter/year-end closing and forecast
- Annual operational planning process (budget)
- Deep dive analysis and Consolidation
- Assist in the preparation of monthly Business Finance reports that provide senior management to facilitate decision making, including monthly variance analysis, key driver / metric analysis, and measurement of performance trends.
- Communicate with business units throughout the company to collect information for Expense management reporting and analyses
- Work closely with Expense Analytics team members and extended EIC team to provide requested analysis, reports and metrics
- Develop and/or update various financial models to generate analyses
- Stay abreast of changes/updates, review and interpret guidance, and apply changes as needed
- Work cross-geographically to share knowledge to ensure consistent and accurate reporting
- Self-review of reporting & analytics deliverables for first pass accuracy and presenting analytical results, findings as needed
- May develop and/or update various financial models to generate analyses
- Collects information and analytical needs from management to determine analysis approach
- Prepares reports and presentations packages. Interprets results for management.
- May provide guidance to less seasoned analysts
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in accounting/finance with 5-7 years of relevant experience ideally covering multiple of the following with major financial institutions:
- Business Finance exposure in a global setting
- Direct support to business or product line management / executives
- Prior experience in expense reporting and analysis is preferred (not mandatory)
- Experience with preparation of budgets for multi-national companies
- Variance analysis and reporting of insights
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills with ability to participate in or lead conference calls and present financial results to financial and non-financial audiences at various levels
- Pride of ownership with the ability to drive results within the Business
- Solid business knowledge as it relates to the financial services industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), advanced levels of excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase.
- Knowledge of Tableau, Power BI data analytics and visualization (or similar) is an added advantage
- Strong Analytical skill set
- Financial product and institution knowledge
- Good communication, organizational and presentation skills, and ability to present complex financial matters to management
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Results oriented ownership mindset
- Ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.