Indirect Tax Compliance Specialist
Indirect Tax Compliance SpecialistPurpose of the Role:This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive and ambitious Indirect Tax Compliance Specialist to join our Global Finance Team at our Primark Headquarters in Dublin. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with multiple stakeholders internationally, to support our continued growth and expansion.Your responsibilities include but are not limited to, preparing and reviewing indirect tax and statistical returns, reconciliation of indirect taxes balance sheet accounts, assisting in audits, liaising with internal and external teams and project work. This role requires technical expertise, coupled with an articulate, commercially aware professional who strives in a fast-paced environment. If you are an adaptive individual, who is open to new and exciting challenges, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for co-ordinating and reviewing indirect tax returns and statistical returns across all markets.
- Accountable for ensuring all indirect tax payments/refunds are paid/received in a timely manner.
- Liaise with external advisors in ensuring timely and accurate completion of all indirect tax compliance obligations.
- Conduct a regular review of team processes to identify efficiency opportunities and implement improvements.
- Prepare for and assist the Indirect Tax Advisory managers in any local indirect tax audits.
- Involvement in specific indirect tax project work e.g., new entity/jurisdiction roll-out, on-boarding of indirect tax compliance in all jurisdictions to Primark's compliance tool, etc.
- Keep abreast of the indirect law and practice landscape, bringing key insights and data into future planning.
- Ensure all indirect tax payments/refunds are posted accurately.
- Responsible for indirect tax balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Provide additional support to the Indirect Tax Compliance manager by leading and guiding members of the Indirect Tax Compliance team.
- Assist with the training and development of the Indirect Tax Compliance team.
- Using strong communication skills, work with Primark colleagues and external advisors to enhance systems to meet compliance requirements.
- Ad hoc involvements with Indirect Tax planning and advisory projects for the Primark Group.
- Accounting and/or tax qualification (CTA, ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent) – Preferred requirement.
- Experience reviewing and preparing sales tax/VAT returns across multiple jurisdictions and co-ordinating the process.
- US indirect tax experience a plus.
- Commercial awareness with the ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
- Strong people and leadership skills – an individual who can support the day-to-day management of the team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enabling effective engagement with a diverse stakeholder group both across the business and externally.
- Have a detail-oriented mindset, complemented by strong financial and analytical skills.
- Previous people management experience beneficial.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to inspire, lead, and deliver through high performing teams.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a strong sense of accountability.
- Strong planning, time management and organizational skills, allowing you to balance and prioritize your workload effectively.
- Previous Oracle experience is an advantage.
- Excellent Project management skills.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and to deliver to strict deadlines.
- Fluency in English and proficiency in other European languages considered a bonus.
- Windows operating system.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office – particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint.