Purpose and Accountabilities:
- Deliver accurate and timely property tax compliance and payment activities.
- Processing property tax payments. Review and follow-up on the pending tax bills from websites, offshore and onshore teams.
- Support the vendor master team to update the vendor in different ERPs.
- Annual preparation first time right returns and calculation of tax liabilities on quarterly basis to provide the tax accrual numbers.
- Supporting property tax process related projects.
- Develop professional working relationships with colleagues within the process and in the interface process across Finance Operations.
- Meet process metrics and implement necessary actions.
- Update work instructions as and when applicable and also at regular intervals as per Work Instructions policy guidelines.
- Collate information for enquiries from external auditors and authorities.
- Support change management initiatives and contribute to successful go live of tax migrations.
- Identify and implement opportunities to continuously improve processes.
- Comply to Shell Group records management & Information risk management procedures and manage the working papers and supporting documentation related to the tax returns.
- Perform SOAR analysis of tax accounts balances and clean up all tax accounts on regular frequency.
- Perform one or a combination of the activities relating to property tax payments of $210mln for approx. 4,000 invoices per annum, spanning up to more than 15 operating units and several ERPs including GSAP, SERP, SAP EP Blueprint, S4Hana, and TSAP.
- Preparation of around 800+ property tax returns, includes all business segments and several different tax jurisdictions, in short span of 2½ months’ time.
- Managing the 200+ data contacts and collate the data for tax return preparation.
Skills and Requirements:
- Recognized professional qualification and a member of a recognized accounting body with 02 years relevant experience in Direct Tax (for India or any other Country) Compliance and reporting.
- Bachelors/master’s in finance degree with 1-5 years of relevant experience in Direct Tax (for India or any other Country) Compliance and reporting or Payments or Financial analysis and reporting.
- Experience in Tax Payments and Tax Return compliance filing.
- Working Knowledge of SAP and MS Office.
- Experience of working in a virtual environment is preferred.
- Good communication, Stakeholder engagement & Analytical skills.
- Flexible to work in UK/US shifts based on business requirement.