Sr Analyst, Cash Ops
About Northern Trust:Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.SummaryThe successful candidate will be part of Cash Analysis and Monitoring Operations within the Asset Servicing unit for EMEA hours. Candidate will support Team Leader, in meeting team deliverables, ensuring the operational efficiency, dealing with ongoing operational problems, providing technical support to analysts and peers. On a day to day basis he / she will support Team Management with forward planning for the team.To summarize, we are looking for a candidate who has the ability to quickly grasp concepts and process knowledge. As a Subject matter expert of the team, the Partner should have a matured level to be able to coordinate with the team members and stakeholders on BAU and on projects, also partner should work on developing team member’s technical skills. Partner should be able to multitask and also handle projects along with monitoring daily activities/deliverables. Partner should be an NT Savvy and should be aware of NT performance competencies and also practice each one of the competencies. Last, we would expect the selected candidate to be flexible and should be open to work in required shifts.Some Key Responsibilities and Expectations
- Ensure that all processing / Workflows are completed within the SLA for the task.
- Ensures that analysts are conforming to procedures
- Proactively ensure all the documents (DPAD, SLD...) are in place and review them periodically. Delegates work on a daily/monthly basis, assesses individual workloads and re-allocates workload when necessary
- To have understanding of Capital Markets world and also Treasury functions, like Claims and Cash Management is preferable Generate and support new ideas and initiatives, make sound decision, seek input from others, gather logical thinking and find solution.
- All exceptions and escalations either received through the workflow, mails or phone calls have to be immediately addressed or worked upon and also track them for future process improvements.
- Involve in audit, migrations, and contribute to overall success of the team by completing tasks assigned.
- Good understanding of systems like Fund Master, TLM, ELM.
- Polaris Intellect knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Ensures procedures are adhered to
- Frequently review the controls and implement wherever required after discussing with TL/SM.
- Informs TL’s immediately when procedures are breached resulting in the delivery of bad information
- Basic capital market knowledge
- Basic Understanding of Treasury functions, like Claims and Cash Management
- Ability to communicate well with staff at all levels
- Solid analytical/research skills
- Demonstrated innovative approach to problem solving
- Good MS office skills; Macro writing skill will be an added advantage
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods and variable workloads
- Ability to meet short and medium term objectives of the team,
- Ability to show pro-activeness & creative thinking to come up with solutions
- Candidates should be flexible to work in different shifts (including US shifts) based on business requirements.
- Minimum of 24 months year in the current role, Cash Management or Treasury experience is preferable.