Job Summary:GBS Enabling Solutions owns, designs, governs, deploys, and supports global template products critical to BP's success, such as SAP global financial template, Finance Business Warehouse, SAP Ariba, and Salesforce.
As Solution Manager (for Group Reporting) you will use your business and accounting knowledge to govern the solution design of bp's legacy Finance Business Warehouse (FBW) system as well as overseeing the specification of the core configuration settings for establishing new entities in SAP and bp's Finance Business Warehouse System. In addition, you'll work closely with project deployment teams to ensure the successful validation of financial data in FBW for entities migrated to our core ERP systems and work with technical teams to ensure the successful load and transformation of financial data coming from other ERP system
You'll also contribute your knowledge and experience of group reporting and consolidation towards new solution design for group reporting using S/4 HANA - Central Finance as part of bp's ERP Transformation Project.
- Be the authority on template solutions within the functional area and participate in design authorities.
- For approved demand, understand business requirements and complex business processes and scenarios and translate/break these down into a simplified set of requirements for which solutions can be investigated.
- Design global standard solutions to meet business needs.
- Explain concepts and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Prepare, review, and/or approve functional specifications for solution design.
- Lead the preparation, structure, and delivery of presentation materials for template familiarisation, template fit-gap, solution design, user training, and team knowledge sharing.
- Lead template fit gap and user training sessions.
- Provide expertise and constructive feedback to peers’ design work.
- Identify, analyse, and delineate problems.
- Investigate and resolve solution incidents and conduct root cause analysis.
- Provide expertise for designs that cross-functional areas in order to achieve end-to-end solutions that meet our customers' needs.
- Advise others on integration considerations for interfaces coming from external systems.
- Review and signoff cross-system cutover plans and integration testing scenarios.
- For new designs or changes to design, provide testing scenarios to ensure the solution is robust.
- Understand, adopt, and embrace agile principles and agile ways of working.
- Where agreed, act as Solution Integration Lead for specific projects, providing support to the project teams and their interaction and solution needs with the rest of the solutions team.
- Work with individuals to set performance goals in focus@bp and regularly check in on goal progress.
- Schedule regular 1:1 catch-ups with team members and provide support and coaching when needed.
- Discuss career aspirations with team members and ensure everyone has a development plan with focus areas identified, including training needs and stretch assignments.
Essential Education & Experience
- Suitably qualified professional with a degree or similar education background.
- Accountancy qualification or working towards one (e.g. CIMA, CPA, ACA, ACCA)
- Strong presentation and communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex processes and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Passion and experience in capturing business requirements and improving processes and systems.
- General understanding of systems deployment activities.
- Ability to work and collaborate within a virtual global team environment.
- Ability to prioritise effectively for yourself and the team.
- 2+ years of experience in system design
- Ability to learn and be the authority on template solutions.
- Ability to formulate and solve problems.
- Ability to build strong relationships with business stakeholders, technical teams, and delivery teams.
Product Experience & Expertise
- Deep knowledge and significant experience with Group reporting processes and functionality
- Knowledge of financial data migration and financial reconciliations
- Knowledge of data integration tools, such as Informatica.
- Significant experience with SAP and BW including a general working knowledge of transactional processes in an SAP environment.
- 12+ years of relevant work experience with systems and process design.
- Experience working in a multi-national organisation.
- Experience of Agile ways of working
Why join us?
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life! These benefits can include flexible working options, paid parental leave policy among others!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Design Specifications, Financial Accounting, SAP BW/4HANA, SAP Systems
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.