About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
This role is based in London reporting to the Head of UK Depositary Relationship Management - UK Depositary Services.
Northern Trust UK Depositary Services is directed regulated by the FCA and provides depositary oversight and asset safekeeping services. The business has seen significant business growth since being established in 2014 and continues to be at the forefront of providing and developing depositary services for a broad range of client types in their management of UK Undertakings for Investment in Transferrable Securities (UK UCITS) funds and authorised and unauthorised Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs).
The key responsibilities of the role include:
The depositary client relationship team, along with our client base, is growing and we now require an Associate to support our clients and senior depositary relationship managers:-
- Liaise with internal resources, clients and third parties, holding them accountable for actions and deliverables to ensure deadlines and SLDs are met.
- Centrally track project progressions by monitoring progress of internal and external activities
- Act as a primary point of contact for a select range of client interaction
- Attend client meetings alongside senior relationship managers where required
- Manage, prepare and complete client reporting sourcing the relevant input data and presenting these as appropriate
- Supporting the senior relationship managers on complex funds and associated governance activities.
- Use Project management tools and techniques to establish plans, map actions and co-ordinate responses and provide reporting internally.
- Contribute to the creation of client facing communications
- Keeping up to date on regulatory changes and developments in the regulatory environment and supporting the team and clients in their implementation.
- Providing administrative support such as scheduling, taking minutes and actions of meetings and document production.
- Previous experience in financial services, preferably in an operational support role
- Demonstrated ability to work under your own initiative
- Good communication skills: verbal, non-verbal and written
- High level of organisation and attention to detail
- Degree or equivalent qualifications and/or experience an advantage
- Relevant professional qualifications an advantage but not a requirement
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.