Assurance - Asset & Wealth Management - Senior Associate - Cork (Ireland)
DescriptionOur collective blend of expertise and experience makes PwC a great place to work. PwC Ireland welcomes top talent from all backgrounds to join us at the start of what will be your lifelong journey of development and discovery. Let's see where your talent could take you.
Job Description & SummaryA career in our Financial Services Audit practice, within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast-growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well-known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
Our team helps financial organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business. Our clients cover industries within banking and capital markets, private equity, insurance, and consumer finance. While many of the rules of business have changed, the fundamentals haven’t. You’ll work alongside senior members of the client’s management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of our client’s information.
Our specialist asset and wealth management group is the largest in Ireland with over 391 professionals and 15 Partners, who work with our extensive global network to provide you with world-class support. Our integrated approach offers market insights and experience that are second to none across all kinds of asset managers, fund service providers, and products. Our expertise extends to hedge funds, private equity, UCITS, ETFs, money market funds, real estate funds, Islamic funds, and more.
The Senior Associate role in the Asset Management group involves taking charge of a broad variety of audits from planning to completion. The Senior Associate is responsible for organising and managing client assignments and projects including the completion of assignment tasks and project components as well as coaching, advising, and directing team members.
- Updating existing knowledge of the investment fund industry through research and attendance at specific industry training courses;
- Leading an audit team and setting the audit approach to the engagement, which makes effective use of team members’ skills and is within budget - ensuring the file is set up in line with the PwC approach to investment funds and auditing standards;
- Liaising onsite with clients to obtain relevant information in order to resolve any queries and to identify causes/risks on issues requiring further consideration.
- Identifying the key business and audit risks of a client and investigate all audit issues to arrive at a solution or proposal
- Researching and resolving technical queries from clients
- Work closely with the tax department to ensure that the taxation figures for the audit are finalised within the required time.
- Ensure Manager/Senior Managers (or relevant Partner) are informed on a regular basis on the progress of the audit and relevant issues in respect of budget constraints.
- Reporting on audit findings to the Managers/Senior Managers and Partners and in particular raise any issues arising during the audit which may impact risk.
- Preparing reports detailing issues found and recommending corrective and preventative actions to resolve them
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent from a recognised international accounting institution
- At least 3 years practice accounting experience in a Big 4 firm or other international accounting firm.
- Investment Management experience is essential
- Detailed understanding of Irish GAAP
- Knowledge of US GAAP/ SEC and International Accounting Standards would be an asset
- Business Acumen - use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in the market and utilise this information to assist your clients in making innovative business decisions.
- Relationship management - ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Creative - demonstrate an ability to contribute to new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Enthusiastic team player with a passion to coach and encourage others to achieve their potential.
- Ambitious – demonstrate a strong commitment to personal learning and development.
Unlock your potential with PwC Ireland
We believe that challenges are better solved together! We’re inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you’ll be a part of amazing teams encouraged to collaborate and innovate in a way that creates powerful solutions and makes a positive impact. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development and encouragement, will help unlock your potential and take your career to the next level.
Enjoy PWC's perks
We reward your impact, and support your well-being, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive employee benefits, and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at Life@PwC. ( https://www.pwc.ie/careers-ie/life-at-pwc.html).
Being appreciated for being you
Our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe this so much that we have signed up for the Business in the Community Elevate Pledge. ( https://www.bitc.ie/the-leaders-group-on-sustainability/inclusive-workplace-pledge/)
You can learn more about our culture of belonging and explore our range of inclusive programmes, initiatives, employee resource groups, and more at www.pwc.ie.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply, we’d love to hear from you!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
PwC Ireland is committed to creating an environment that promotes equality and dignity at work. Working together in an inclusive environment enables us to harness the collective and complementary skills, knowledge, background, and networks of our people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.