Assurance FDI / DIO RRAE (Referred Reporting Audit Engagement) Senior Associate
DescriptionOur collective blend of expertise and experience makes PwC a great place to work. PwC Ireland welcomes top talent from all backgrounds to join us at the start of what will be your lifelong journey of development and discovery. Let's see where your talent could take you.
Job Description & SummaryOur FDI/DIO group comprises of 19 Partners and 613 Professionals across our Dublin and Regional offices. Between FDI & DIO we provide audit and other assurance services to fast-growing, dynamic, and established sectors of the economy. We use our industry expertise and experience to serve a wide range of clients across Retail and Consumer, Public Services, Pharmaceutical, Natural Resources, Technology, Information & Communications, and Entertainment.
This role is specifically for the Referred Reporting Audit Engagement (RRAE) Hub which operates within the FDI/DIO Group. The RRAE Hub is a team specialising in the delivery of Referred Reporting Audit Engagements (RRAEs), with the assistance of work performed by an overseas performing firm from within the PwC network. This centralised team provides a consistent and standardised approach to delivering RRAEs. Through centralisation the team has built specialist knowledge and works to ensure consistency in execution. The hub operates as a center of excellence for these engagements across the Assurance practice with a focus on high quality and efficiency.
The Senior Associate role in the RRAE hub involves taking charge of a broad variety of audits from planning to completion. The Senior Associate is responsible for organizing and managing assigned audits including the completion of assignment tasks and project components as well as liaison with managers on status and with members of the overseas performing team completing audit work relevant to the audit being completed.
- Lead the audit team and set the audit approach to the engagement, which makes effective use of team members’ skills and is within budget;
- Liaise directly with members of the performing team, and with client contacts as needed, to obtain relevant information in order to resolve any queries and to identify causes/risks on issues requiring further consideration;
- Identify the key business and audit risks of a client and investigate all audit issues to arrive at a solution or proposal through liaison with the performing firm as necessary;
- Research and resolve technical queries arising on audits;
- Work closely with the tax department to ensure that the taxation figures for the audit are finalised within the required time;
- Ensure Manager/Senior Managers (or relevant engagement leader) are informed on a regular basis on the progress of the audit and relevant issues in respect of budget constraints;
- Reporting on audit findings to the Managers/Senior Managers and engagement leaders and in particular raise any issues arising during the audit which may impact on risk;
- Prepare reports detailing issues found and recommending corrective and preventative actions to resolve them as required;
- Review the work of junior team members to ensure quality, thoroughness, and completion of assignment tasks within agreed time frames;
- Work as an effective team member during an audit by communicating relevant issues, requesting feedback, and coaching junior team members.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent from a recognised international accounting institution;
- At least 3 years practice accounting experience in a Big 4 firm or other international accounting firm;
- Detailed understanding of Irish GAAP and GAAS;
- Knowledge of US GAAP/ SEC and International Accounting Standards would be an asset;
- Relationship management - the ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships;
- Creative - demonstrate an ability to contribute to new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Enthusiastic team player with a passion to coach and encourage others to achieve their potential;
- Ambitious – demonstrate a strong commitment to personal learning and development.
Unlock your potential with PwC Ireland
We believe that challenges are better solved together. We’re inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you’ll be a part of amazing teams encouraged to collaborate and innovate in a way that creates powerful solutions and makes a positive impact. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development and encouragement, will help unlock your potential and take your career to the next level.
Enjoy PwC’s perks
We reward your impact, and support your well-being, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive employee benefits, and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at Life@PwC. ( https://www.pwc.ie/careers-ie/life-at-pwc.html).
Being appreciated for being you
Our most valuable asset is our people and we recognise you for it - ensuring you feel like you belong and that you are valued and rewarded for the great work you do every day. PwC is an equal opportunities employer and creating a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve is hugely important to us.
We believe this so much that we have signed up for the Business in the Community Inclusive Workplace Elevate Pledge. ( https://www.bitc.ie/the-leaders-group-on-sustainability/inclusive-workplace-pledge/)
Our Inclusion First strategy puts inclusion at the heart of our culture - supporting an environment where individuality is embraced, diversity is celebrated and inclusion is valued. Check out our culture of belonging and explore our range of inclusive programmes, initiatives, employee resource groups, and more at www.pwc.ie.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply, we’d love to hear from you!
We will ensure that everyone is supported throughout and, if required, provided with reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please email us for more information.
PwC Ireland is committed to creating an environment that promotes equality and dignity at work. Working together in an inclusive environment enables us to harness the collective and complementary skills, knowledge, background, and networks of our people.