Associate Director - Turnaround and Restructuring (Sydney)
KPMG’s Turnaround and Restructuring team support underperforming businesses to stabilise and implement change. We are one of the most highly regarded and trusted teams in the industry, taking a national approach to support clients across a wide range of sectors and industries.
We work at speed to deliver options and a runway to stabilise our clients’ problems. We are outcomes-focused, implementing strategies that range from an operational turnaround to a solvent restructure or a formal insolvency process.
Our team are business people first, who thrive on:
- Financial troubleshooting in real time with clients.
- Building trust and partnership across diverse client groups who include major banks, alternative capital providers, Government agencies, C-suite executives, hedge funds, special situation groups, and major law firms.
- Preserving and restoring value for clients, stakeholders, and their businesses.
Our Turnaround and Restructuring team in Sydney are growing. In this role, as Associate Director, you will play a key part in the team by:
- Working on a range of interesting and challenging engagements which include advisory, restructuring, and formal insolvency.
- Deploying best-in-class data analytics to diagnose issues and design integrated solutions incorporating due diligence, financial analysis, cash flow modelling, and report writing to deliver superior outcomes for clients.
- Building trusted partnerships to confidently deliver scenario planning, going concern analysis, and guiding Directors and CEOs in their duties and obligations.
- Working collaboratively with the wider KPMG service offerings in a deal-focused, transactional environment alongside colleagues from Mergers and Acquisitions, Debt Advisory, Transaction Services, and Valuations amongst others.
- Working on national engagements across a diverse range of clients and challenges with a team that is both in the same office and across our national offices.
How are you extraordinary?
- You are a common sense businessperson with a good balance of analytical skills, commercial acumen, and a thirst for problem-solving to unlock business performance solve business issues, and deliver solutions.
- You can link data analysis, engaging directly with clients, devising strategy, and collaborating with a diverse range of stakeholders to deliver a consensual outcome.
- You have the confidence and ability to prepare marketing proposals, pitch packs and undertake the analysis and evaluation of target opportunities.
- You work best in a national, collaborative team environment, where you lead and learn from peers, mentors, leaders and support the growth of early career professionals.
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background, and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients, and our communities. Our team is searching for a professional with a range of qualifications, skills & experiences, including:
- Recent professional experience in Big 4 / independent corporate advisory, accounting or law firms, investment banking, or within commercial teams in operational businesses.
- Applicable experiences working across turnaround, restructuring, insolvency, or relevant skills and an interest that will transition into these areas.
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Law, or other relevant subjects. Ideally with a post-graduate qualification or on a pathway to complete (e.g., CA, CPA, CFA).
- The ability to prepare client deliverables, including reports and presentations, and financial analysis.
- The ability to juggle competing demands and work as a team player in an energetic and results-based environment.
- You are comfortable and efficient with Excel to interpret and model data and generate insights.
KPMG is a professional services firm with global outreach and deep sector experience. We work with clients across an array of industries to solve complex challenges, steer change, and enable growth.
Our people are what make KPMG the thriving workplace that it is and what sets us apart is that we know great minds think differently. Collaborate with a team of passionate, highly skilled professionals who’ve got your back. You’ll build relationships with unique and diverse colleagues who will provide you with the support you need to be your best and produce meaningful and impactful work in an inclusive, equitable culture.
At KPMG, you’ll take control over how you work. We’re embracing a new way of working in many ways, from offering flexible hours and locations to generous paid parental leave and career breaks. Our people enjoy a variety of exciting perks, including retail discounts, health and wellbeing initiatives, learning and growth opportunities, salary packaging options, and more.
Diverse candidates have diverse needs. During your recruitment journey, information will be provided about adjustment requests. If you require additional support before submitting your application, please contact the Talent Support Team.
At KPMG every career is different, and we look forward to seeing how you grow with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.