Senior Accountant - TxBOT | Finance Shared Service Center | Corporate Services
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
We are currently seeking an experienced finance professional to join our Finance Shared Service Center team in the capacity of Senior Accountant – TxBOT.
Overview of the role
The Senior Tax Accountant will support the Tax Back-Office of the Al-Futtaim Group on tax operational matters including preparations of Direct and Indirect Tax Returns.
The successful candidate will work closely with Group Tax in carrying out their responsibilities.
What you will do
Monthly Tax Returns Preparation
- Prepare monthly VAT and WHT returns in of difference regions and process for submission to the governing bodies and liability settlement
- Maintain regulatory compliance and updating the monthly calendar and tracker to ensure correct and timely filing of all Tax Returns based on country specific tax calendars and review complex income Tax Returns
- Support the Tax Back-Office with the tax provision tracking and tax balances on general ledger
Tax Document Management
- Ensure all documents are collected on a central database and handle requests for information
- Provide coordination support during tax audits to the Tax Manager
- Provide active support to the Tax Back-Office in resolving VAT system issues in close coordination with IT and Assistant Financial Controller.
- Support the Streamlining processes identified through automation
- Prepare adhoc requests as per management request
Other Key Responsibilities
- To liaise with relevant managers and stakeholders to ensure full collaboration and understanding on critical topics.
- Contribute to the improvement of the solutions and business processes.
- Maintains and upgrades professional knowledge, management skills and domain expertise by using continuous learning & development tools.
Required skills to be successful
- Accounting skills
- Project management skills
- SAP Knowledge preferable
- Ability to work on various on-going projects with good organisational and time management skills
- Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Analysis and troubleshooting
What equips you for the role
- Tax, Finance Degree, Regional tax knowledge would be a plus
- 3 - 5 years of GCC Tax experience
- 1-2 years in an international Finance environment
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.