Ocorian is one of the largest providers of fund, corporate, and private client services in the market, recognised by our clients and the industry for exceptional client service and value and known for strong and sustained growth. We have five core service lines: Global Funds, Capital Markets, Corporate Services, Private Clients, and Regulatory and compliance.
We manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20 locations; this scale offers all our people significant opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Provide accounting and administration support and assistance to the Luxembourg Capital Market department.
To accurately process accounting records and prepare complex financial statements and management accounts in accordance with the designated accounting framework(s). To review the work of and coach the Accountant(s), Assistant Accountant(s), and/or Junior Accountant(s).
Conduct the following within the prescribed deadlines:
- Take responsibility for the accounting and administration of an allocated portfolio of clients in structured finance and debt structures
- Prepare and post final bookkeeping entries required for producing financial statements and management accounts for more complex clients
- Liaise with clients to ensure efficient delivery of output and meeting client service expectations
- Review complex client deliverables (interim reporting, distribution workings, interest accruals) to assist the Manager when required
- Review bank, investment, and any other reconciliations of junior team members
- Review VAT/TAX returns and regulatory reporting for clients as prepared by Accountant(s),
- Prepare annual financial statements/ad hoc reporting in accordance with LUX GAAP and IFRS.
- Review the work of and provide guidance to the Accountant(s), Assistant Accountant(s) / Junior Accountant(s) whenever required
- Liaise with the appointed Auditors to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables
- Assist the Manager and other members of the management team, providing daily support as requested.
- Support the ongoing development of the team through involvement in the coaching, training, and motivation of team members with supervision and guidance from the Manager
- Ensuring working papers and checklist for each deliverable is prepared & kept (in cases of reviewing work) to the required Ocorian standards and/or agreed-upon procedures
- Assist with ad hoc accounting tasks or projects as and when requested
- Preparing budget for client deliverables
- Escalating of any client matter/issue/complaint to the Assistant Manager/Manager promptly
- Provide accounting service to clients in various jurisdictions within the Ocorian Group
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all information on Ocorian, its clients, and employees at all times to safeguard the professional reputation of Ocorian, its employees, and its clients.
- ACCA/ACA fully qualified or be suitably qualified by virtue of relevant experience
- Finance Industry and or Accounting/Auditing experience within or with exposure to Capital Market is desirable.
- Minimum of 4 years experience of preparing client accounts
- Comprehensive knowledge of IFRS. Knowledge of LUX GAAP and other relevant accounting frameworks is an advantage
- Ability to operate most accounting software
- Well-versed in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong technical skills in the accounting field
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Solid organisational skills (able to work using own initiative, control own workload, and prioritise matters as appropriate)
- Ability to work methodically and accurately
- Excellent team player
- Can lead and coach small team
- Flexible, energetic, and enthusiastic
- Ambitious to learn and be challenged
- Detailed oriented
- Committed to quality and delivering on time
- Effective problem solver
All staff are expected to embody our three core values. These values underpin everything that we do and reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful.
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient, and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.