Payroll Team Leader (UK and/or Irish Payroll)
We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted on our career website.
TMF Group is a leading provider of employee, financial, and legal administration services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. Our 10,000 experts in 125 offices across 86 jurisdictions worldwide serve corporates, financial institutions, asset managers, private clients, and family offices, providing the combination of accounting, tax, payroll, fund administration, compliance, and entity management services essential to global business success.
We have been present in Poland for over 20 years, helping our clients from offices in Warsaw and Katowice, where more than 700 people already work.
Katowice is also the location for our new structure - the Regional Delivery Center, whose task is to serve the European markets of our clients, companies from the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100 rankings. As part of the structures, we are looking for specialists in the field of international accounting & tax, human resources and payroll, and global entity management. We also build teams that will be responsible for handling international funds and supporting internal financial processes of the TMF Group.
At this role, you will have the possibility to work remotely or hybrid from the office in Katowice.
The Payroll Team Leader provides a first-class payroll service within the UKI Payroll Team. The role works closely with the Payroll Service Delivery Manager and is responsible for providing day-to-day support and supervision of the Team to review and maintain a high level of service delivery. The Payroll Team Leader will manage and resolve any client escalations and strive for continuous improvement within the team.
The role will be responsible for processing a small portfolio of client payrolls. Accuracy and attention to detail are key requirements of the role to ensure work is of a high standard, leading to excellent client satisfaction. The role is client-facing.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage a team of Payroll staff (Specialists, Administrators, and/or Trainees) including allocation of work, review of workload, and assisting with work-related matters. Adhere to TMF policies and procedures (including the four-eye principle)
- Carry out HR-related activities for the team including performance reviews and development discussions
- Be the point of contact for the team and maintain a full understanding of processes to be able to resolve matters swiftly and accurately
- Processes a portfolio of clients within the team. Set a good example to the team as to how to manage/process clients well and share this practice with the team
- Maintains effective relationships with clients and internal/external stakeholders, including banks, authorities, etc. Strive for improvements in client satisfaction and continuous improvement
- Keep up to date with new payroll and other required legislation and compliance (both internally and externally), and ensure changes are introduced to Team and client payrolls
- Manage payroll compliance requirements within the team including accurate, complete, and timely processing of weekly, fortnightly, and monthly payrolls, remittances and filings with appropriate tax authorities/pension providers as required, and payments to employees
- Manages daily work ensuring Client data is received in a timely manner and in a format that is acceptable to TMF
- Liaise with the Subject Matter Experts (SME) in relation to high complexity matters, including Statutory and Occupations Absence calculations, Shares, Ex Pats, Pension Schemes, P11ds, BIKs, final payment calculation, data input into the payroll system, preparation of employer’s return, preparation of local pension filing, FPS, EPS, etc.
- Processing, payment, reconciliation, and reporting of benefits P11d’s (e.g. Health insurance, Pension, Share Awards, etc.) as required.
- Ensure Enate is used as the principal tool for checking payroll, and ensure Enate cases and tickets are responded to in accordance with the agreed timelines.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring that all reporting deadlines are met;
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with Clients, SMEs, and internal/external stakeholders. Follow ‘Our Service Promise’ delivery guidelines for relationship management;
- Managing and monitoring company policies, relating to payroll to ensure requirements are followed consistently and in full for each payroll cycle;
- Work with Payroll Managers, and SMEs to ensure work is moved from onboarding to BAU swiftly and accurately.
- Responsible for providing Cover for Team leaders in the RDC as and when required and where required and they will authorise and release Bacs Payments for Clients.
- Provide support to the SMEs and internal Accounting team for billing, debt collection, and WIP as required.
- Ensure clients are billed in accordance with the signed engagement letter including any out-of-scope work, carrying out budgeting work as appropriate. Coordinate, billing and other internal controls to ensure that they are conducted and observed.
- Review leakage charge-out rates vs productivity on personal client portfolio and take action accordingly.
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably required for the role.
- IPASS/CIPP, or equivalent qualification with substantial experience in a fast-paced, high-volume payroll position,
- A detailed knowledge of Paye As You Earn (including Benefits In Kind) and PRSI/NI,
- Familiarity with Revenue’s Online Service and bank transfer processes,
- Experience with payroll systems e.g. Megapay, Sage Micropay, STAR, and Microsoft office packagers, and or willingness to learn to use payroll systems
- Experience of managing or supervising a team including allocation and review of work
- Excellent written and communication skills, with a strong ability to plan ahead and organise themselves.
- Able to articulate and communicate with clients in a concise and professional manner
- Fluency in English is required
Working at TMF Group offers
- Convenient central location of the office
- Stable employment
- Flexi-time and remote working
- An international and dynamic environment
- Private medical care
- Life insurance
- Co-financing for the Multikafeteria program (e.g. Multisport card)
- Access to a language platform with 12 different languages to learn
- Exceptional people and atmosphere
- Christmas and occasional gifts
- Co-financing of holidays
- Opportunity to take part in charity projects
- Well-being platform
* Please note, we’ll contact selected Candidates only.
Applications close: 13 Dec 2023 Central European Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.