Investment Accounting & Reporting Change Team Lead
Job Type: Permanent
Location and flexible working: This role can be based in our Wythall, London, Telford or Edinburgh office and is a hybrid role. We recognise the benefits of flexible working and will discuss what is important to you and balancing this with business requirements during the recruitment process.
Salary and benefits: Competitive plus 30% on target bonus (up to max. 60%), private medical cover, 38 days annual leave, excellent pension and much more!
We have an incredible opportunity to join us here at Phoenix Group as an Investment Accounting & Reporting Change Team Lead in our Reporting and Operations change team.
Who are we?
We want to be the best place that any of our 6,800 colleagues have ever worked.
We're the UK's largest long-term savings and retirement business. We offer our 12 million customers products across our market-leading brands, including Standard Life, SunLife and ReAssure, with c.£259 billion of assets under administration. We're a FTSE 100 organisation that is tackling key issues such as transitioning our portfolio to net zero by 2050, and we're not done yet.
This role will be part of the Finance Operations Change Delivery Team and will take responsibility for Investment Accounting & Reporting Change delivery in a coordinated manner across multiple programmes. This includes responsibility for the build with various stakeholders (including FRC and broader finance, IT, external teams, other change programmes, change delivery & embedding partners) ensuring it meets the business requirements and exit criteria, ready for embedding into business as usual.
This role requires an experienced accountant, ideally with an investment accounting background, who has experience of driving change within an organisation.
The successful candidate will report into the Head of Finance Operations Change Delivery and will be crucial in delivering change across Reporting and Operations to support the business growth ambitions. You'll do this through applying your experience, developing a deep understanding of the business, and delivering high quality and timely finance change.
- Operate as a senior leader within the change team with responsibility for detailed design, delivery, user acceptance testing and achieving business sign off.
- Lead, motivate and manage a team of business SMEs (2 direct reports) across multiple sites delivering change and working with various other programmes, business as usual colleagues, other business functions, value centres and internal customers.
- Drive the development and delivery of plans, activities for achieving outcomes and process design. Also, lead the implementation of changes to business systems, processes, reporting calendar & controls (including documentation).
- Support & challenge SMEs and other stakeholders to achieving optimum implementation of the completed solution. Also, manage third parties and internal stakeholders across investment accounting, the business, tax, and technology.
- Lead the response to significant complexities, dependencies and drive prioritisation: operate with agility, flexibility and solutions-orientation. The role holder is expected to anticipate business challenges and recommend solutions.
- Support achievement of operational readiness through a smooth handover, sign off to BAU, and supporting BAU embedding of Change.
- Adherence to the Finance Change Governance Framework ensuring change is implemented in a controlled and governed way including stage gate reviews.
- Play a key role in the leadership and overall management of the Finance Operations Change Delivery Team, occasionally deputising for the manager on steering committees and other internal/external meetings.
What We're Looking For
- Qualified accountant (or QBE) with experience in business as usual and change in a financial services organisation.
- Investment Accounting experience
- Prior experience of driving the implementation of new finance systems and improvements to business processes at large scale.
- Able to demonstrate a level of understanding of key finance reporting processes, finance systems, technical skills, data, risks, and controls within a Financial Services organisation or equivalent.
- Experience of owning a portfolio of change workstreams managing multiple finance change programs.
- Leadership - leading colleagues to a common goal whilst holding them accountable for delivery.
- Stakeholder management, including influencing senior business stakeholders and developing a network across wider business teams.
We want to hire the whole version of you.
We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels accepted and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If your experience looks different from what we've advertised and you believe that you can bring value to the role, we'd love to hear from you.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, please let us know so we can help you to be at your best.
Find out more about #LifeAtPhoenix
- Guide for Candidates: thephoenixgroup.pagetiger.com/guideforcandidates
- Find or get answers from our colleagues: www.thephoenixgroup.com/careers/talk-to-us