ETIC, Finance Solutions - Associate
Job Description & SummaryA career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
- Responsible for tasks, processes or entities in the area of Financial Accounting & Closing and Financial Reporting which includes solving of problems and response to ad hoc queries for assigned areas.
- Completing a subset of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts including the full ownership of assigned accounts, deals or processes incl. ledger entries, reconciliation and substantiation.
- Responsible for Financial Reporting of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts in all valuations. Analysis of the movements, aggregation of accounting technical & business analysis and explanation to internal clients / stakeholders.
- Demonstrate sound understanding of financial reporting processes, risk and controls.
- Adhering to closing timelines, accounting policies and controls.
- Ensuring the effectiveness of Financial Accounting & Closing processes by proposing improvements to own tasks and processes.
- Analytical and financial modeling skills with holistic financial thinking and ability to interpret financial data.
- Work collaboratively to drive ideas/solutions with peers and managers which will improve Client and PwC’s efficiency.
- Developing close relationships with key stakeholders.
- Managing your own workload, including reporting on progress and issues.
- Developing the ability to be agile and support a range of clients /projects.
- Be able to implement and adapt to new or changing processes quickly.
- Proactively build relationships with all team members within PwC including engagement with client teams as well as customers of our clients.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Pre Qualification Experience Preferred : Accountant with minimum 1-2 years experience or Finance Degree / Masters of Commerce with 1-3 years experience in a role relevant to Accounting or Financial Reporting
- Knowledge with accounting/ reporting systems, and good understanding of Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet
- Understanding of financial reporting processes, risk and controls
- Experience in working in a complex process environment and cross functional teams
- Good team player, communicate fluently in English and demonstrate personal accountability and dedication for area of responsibility
- Good MS office skills
- Self motivated and independent
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines; demonstrates good analytical skills
- Knowledge of accounting for financial instruments
- Knowledge of US GAAP and Insurance or Reinsurance accounting experience (beneficial)
- Knowledge of investment products and financial markets
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.