Senior Accountant CoE (Center of Expertise)
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.Summary
Senior Accountant CoE (Center of Expertise) is part of the Regional Controlling organization and is critical in ensuring compliance with US GAAP, statutory and tax requirements in countries in scope.
The role of the Accounting CoE is to ensure the accuracy and integrity of US GAAP and statutory financial statements for entities across the EMEA region, provide expertise in complex accounting matters and decisions, and build strong partnerships with EMEA Baxter Business Services centre, local country finance, commercial to support financial and accounting processes in compliance with US GAAP and statutory requirements and company’s policies and procedures.About the job
Currently, we are looking for a team of Senior Accountants CoE (Center of Expertise), part of the roles are required as part of the proposed spin-off of the Baxter Kidney Care segment.
Senior Accountants CoE requires an understanding of complex accounting matters, quick problem-solving skills and strong collaboration with other finance and non-finance teams, each of Senior Accountant will be covering different part of regions out of DACH (Switzerland), UK & Ireland & Nordics, Malta, Western Europe.
Additional hours at critical times (e.g., month-end) may be required. Also, and on an exceptional basis, the role may require work on public holidays.What will you be doing?
- Supporting the controlling team in executing US GAAP, statutory and tax accounting with hands-on preparation of financial statements and reporting for the dedicated region ensuring completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of the reporting.
- Ensuring adherence of processes to the company's policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements and local rules and regulations.
- Supporting the strengthening of financial processes and controls, closely cooperating with finance and non-finance teams, as well as external providers, in the execution of end-to-end finance processes.
- Participating in the resolution of complex accounting and tax issues.
- Taking part in local, regional, and global projects, being an advocate of the finance function.
- Maintaining focus on continuous process improvement.
- Experienced Accountant with 5 years of professional experience in statutory accounting, tax advisory, external and internal audits and financial statements.
- A person with knowledge of local GAAPs for the countries in scope, and a tax matters expertise (US GAAP knowledge would be an asset).
- Analyst with excellent communication skills, diplomatic, flexible and “can do” mindset.
- Fluent English speaker.
- Advanced reporting tools User including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint (JDE, Blackline and W-Desk would be an advantage).
- In terms of education Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting or part qualified /qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
It is a challenging opportunity for you and also a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from!
We encourage our employees to develop their skills to meet the demands of an ever-changing work environment, providing them with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals that will make them valuable contributors throughout their careers.
If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you!
We can offer a great benefits package including professional examination support and an excellent career path, we are a Platinum-approved ACCA employer.Benefits:
- Probation period of 3 months and then for an indefinite period.
- Competitive salary, annual bonuses, recognition award program.
- Corporate culture is based on our values: collaboration, speed, courage and simplicity.
- Possibilities for development on a personal and professional level in one of the leading global MedTech companies.
- Package of benefits including Private medical care (Lux Med), Life Insurance, and Multisport card.
- Bax4U - cafeteria/lunch cards (300 PLN monthly).
- PPE program with very attractive conditions available for each employee after 3 months.
- Fully covered language courses (English or other languages according to business needs).
- Co-financing of holidays and an additional 2 days off from work annually.
- Great Warsaw office location - Powiśle!