Financial Accounting Impairment , Vice President #229254
Credit Suisse Group AG has been acquired by UBS Group AG. Credit Suisse continues its business activities as a subsidiary company of UBS Group AG, including selective hiring for experienced professionals.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management, and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.You will join the Financial Accounting Impairment (ECL) Team which manages and supervises end to end process for credit loss provision right from exposures production till disclosures including supporting the Audit. The team is strategically placed to bridge the CFO and CRO activities and performs a number of key controls with an ultimate objective of disclosing materially accurate number of Expected Credit Loss in the Group Financials. The job requires working closely with the various global teams within CFO and CRO in ensuring monthly production process is running seamlessly and key controls have been performed. The role entails working closely with Finance change and IT for a variety of development work.
Your future colleagues
You will join Impairment accounting team within CFO Financial Accounting. The team of SMEs is responsible for driving and monitoring the ECL exposure production, ledger consumption and disclosures. You will work closely with the Legal Entity controllers, Product control, Group reporting function and change in CFO and with the Credit Risk and Recovery management teams within CRO.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Credit Suisse Group AG has been acquired by UBS Group AG. Credit Suisse continues its business activities as a subsidiary company of UBS Group AG, including selective hiring for experienced professionals.Remote Working? Yes
We are looking for individuals having strong analytical skills, a positive attitude with the ability to communicate complex issues in a simple and effective manner.
You are required to have good command on accounting concepts and functional knowledge within Financial Accounting and reporting space would be added benefit
We are looking for candidates with following background/experiences:
- 9+ years’ experience in Financial accounting, producing disclosure notes for group reporting and performance of SOX controls. Added benefit if experience in IFRS 9 / ECL / CECL
- Preferred experience in project management, leading change initiatives, dealing with technology and change to drive implementation
- Investment banking industry knowledge, including Investment Banking financial product experience
- Have a proven control-focused mentality and hands-on approach to investigating issues
- Education – CA or MBA Finance
- Advanced understanding/experience of MS Excel/ MS Word/MS PowerPoint
- Experience in Business Objects/ Reporting Tools like QlikSense is plus
- People management experience is an added advantage to manage junior staff
- Outstanding attention to detail with an ability to multi-task in a complex environment
- Able to produce high-quality written communication including presentations for senior management and committees, reviews of policies and standards
- Ability to engage with internal/external stakeholders at all levels including senior management
- Ability to learn and apply learning quickly
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, presentational) skills
- Excellent team player with good problem-solving skills
- Result-oriented and committed who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail, and quality standards
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives