Manager, National Assurance Methodology (Bilingual, Hybrid)
Location: Drummondville, QC, CAN, Saint Hyacinthe, QC, CAN, Farnham, QC, CAN, Rouyn Noranda, QC, CAN, Sept-Îles, QC, CAN, Val-d'Or, QC, CAN, Sherbrooke, QC, CAN, Montréal, QC, CAN
This bilingual opportunity is also available on MNP’s Postes avec expérience job board in French. Please submit one application only to be considered for this opportunity. Thank you.
Inspirational, innovative, and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Assurance Professional Standards – Assurance Methodology team as a Manager. This diverse team of professionals provides best-in-class industry and technical expertise to internally drive the success of our Assurance and Accounting practice. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide thought leadership on emerging trends and changes, ensuring team members adhere to the highest industry standards.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Promote the importance of quality control to partners, managers, and other team members across the firm, and play an integral role in driving our quality initiatives
- Support the development and maintenance of the Firm’s engagement policies, guidelines, and accounting and auditing protocols
- Maintain knowledge of changes in the profession through research and by attending relevant industry events and training/information sessions
- Assist in the development and facilitation of assurance-related training in MNP’s extensive, in-house education programs
- Liaise and correspond professionally with Assurance and Accounting engagement teams and the firm leadership teams
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Leverage team members appropriately to ensure delivery of resources that are complete, accurate, and timely
- Mentor, motivate, and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback, and addressing performance issues promptly in addition to conducting formal, written performance reviews
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- 2 or more years of experience as a Senior Accountant in the Assurance practice at a Big 7 Public Accounting Firm with an assurance background
- Experience in the design and execution of audit procedures based on risk and materiality
- Ability to Speak French and English (written and oral)
- Knowledge and experience of
- The interpretation and application of assurance standards (e.g., CAS and/or ISA)
- Internal controls
- Various Accounting standards (e.g., ASPE, NPO, PSAS)
- Technical writing and project management skills, and an understanding of business, management and practice development principles
With a focus on high-potential earnings, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards that support our unique culture and a balanced lifestyle to thrive at work and outside of the office. You will be rewarded with generous base pay, vacation time, 4 paid personal days, a group pension plan with 4% matching, voluntary savings products, bonus programs, flexible benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment, firm sponsored social events and more! #hybrid
We embrace diversity as a core value and celebrate our differences. We believe each team member contributes unique gifts and amplifying their potential makes our business stronger. We encourage people with disabilities to apply!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.